Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
smokers outside bars cafes shops etc

Sick and tired of breathing there smoke when i have no choice but to walk past these social outcasts blocking the public pavements. We need special sealed smoke shelters for them

Re: smokers outside bars cafes shops etc

So what then. Im sick of stinky toilets with floors swimming in pee, puke on the pavement, and idiots fighting because they drink too much. Give me a bit of tobacco smoke ANY day, over alcahol. I s'pose you think excessive drinking is perfectly ok then?

Us social 'outcasts' standing outside having a smoke normally outnumber the social elite that are sitting inside the pub. Always more atmosphere at the smoking area. You sound angry and stressed, have a smoke and see if it sorts it out

one thing that annoys me is anti smoking moaners who have to have a pop at smokers at the drop of a hat, why can't these people just accept that it is now part of a culture, pity most of them wern't alive during the 40s and 50s when people were able to smoke anywhere, then they would have something to moan about, there again some people just like to moan full stop.
unfortunatly it is because of those anti smokers that smokers have been made OUTCASTS and second class citizens

You think its bad now, wait till the summer,and the parties are on the pavement,outside 007, Bus Stop etc.
Spark up a tab, and come and join us on the dark side.

Comparing the two evils adds no wieght to your argument . As an anti smoker you have assumed im a violent puking raving alcoholic ,well sorry to dissapoint you i dont drink.

Interviews for the position of the next POPE Pius are currently underway. I suggest you apply, because you are a shoe-in for the job. Or at least you might THINK you are.
better brush up on your spelling first, though.The Grammar Police are on the rampage:
Weight.Disappointed.

I already have a job unlike you nick.

WOW!! Clairvoyant as WELL as being self-righteous? Don't bother with the interview HJ...you might as well go straight for the 'Big' one. I'm SURE God will bow in deference to your magnificent holiness

Joe, the simple fact is, just because you are anti-smoker means nothing to me. I smoke and will continue to do so as its none of your business mate. You stick to your no drink, no cigarette lifestyle, its completely your choice but your still gonna peg it one day!!

Dear me, Me! Did we forget to take our Special K? There really is no need to launch personal insults or childishly correct someone's spelling mistakes! As I am sure you know, that amounts to bad manners.
When people have such radically opposed opinions you can surely agree to disagree?

Me
So what then. Im sick of stinky toilets with floors swimming in pee, puke on the pavement, and idiots fighting because they drink too much. Give me a bit of tobacco smoke ANY day, over alcahol. I s'pose you think excessive drinking is perfectly ok then?

Look nick your a self confessed smokeaholic who is to weak to give up . I pity you as i do understand how difficult it is to give up this addiction. Even though you are aware that its seriously damaging your health on a daily basis and yet you continue to smoke just shows how addictive smoking is. You have tried and failed many times even treating us to a daily blog on here some time back (Great reading for a tourist information site about salou).
The burden smokers put on the health system is massive as well and the cost far outwieghs the taxes raised on the cigs but its an addiction and there should be more help out there for people who want to stop like yourself. Obviously some people are happy smoking regardless of the risks involved and have no intentions of giving up and thats there choice good luck to them ,but for people like you who desperately want to stop more should be done to help.

All WeAre Singing...
Dear me, Me! Did we forget to take our Special K? There really is no need to launch personal insults or childishly correct someone's spelling mistakes! As I am sure you know, that amounts to bad manners.
When people have such radically opposed opinions you can surely agree to disagree?

Thanks for that , i agree especially as my first post was tongue in cheek.(see smiley face)

joe
Me

(Great reading for a tourist information site about salou).

And you think this is great reading for a tourist information site???????????????

Observer. I have rarely seen the situation you have described,especially in Spanish bars! Maybe I have frequented the wrong places. The places you are describing could well fit many pubs in Britain!
Just what can't Spain follow Holland's lead and have dedicated smoking/non smoking bars. No smoking in restaurants though! Give people a choice and staff! We are all supposed to be in the oxymoron known as the EU,so how come Holland gets away with it and nobody else does?

I am not a number.
Observer. I have rarely seen the situation you have described,especially in Spanish bars! Maybe I have frequented the wrong places. The places you are describing could well fit many pubs in Britain!
Just what can't Spain follow Holland's lead and have dedicated smoking/non smoking bars. No smoking in restaurants though! Give people a choice and staff! We are all supposed to be in the oxymoron known as the EU,so how come Holland gets away with it and nobody else does?

I was referring to the usual bickering and ******** that occurs here on the forum... not a good advertisment for Salou or its locals.

joe
Me

Look 'X' you're a self confessed alcoholic who is too weak to give up . I pity you as I do understand how difficult it is to give up this addiction. Even though you are aware that its seriously damaging your health on a daily basis and yet you continue to drink alcohol just shows how addictive alcohol is. You have tried and failed many times even treating us to a daily blog on here some time back (Great reading for a tourist information site about salou).
The burden drinkers put on the health system is massive as well and the cost far outweighs the taxes raised on the alcohol but its an addiction and there should be more help out there for people who want to stop like yourself. Obviously some people are happy drinking regardless of the risks involved and have no intentions of giving up and thats their choice and good luck to them ,but for people like you who desperately want to stop more should be done to help.

I amended your post simply to prove that both are equally unhealthy, both cost the Health Service a fortune...and yet everybody seems to accept it is OK to lambast smokers, and make life unpleasant for them, and yet alcohol gets a virtual free pass.And why? Political machinations. If they were to treat alcohol the same way as they treat cigarettes etc, it would cost the Economy hundreds of times more money, for the simple reason that if alcohol were to be banned, there would be a considerably larger number of jobs lost, than by banning tobacco sales. The majority of tobacco outlets would still continue to thrive because of the diversity of their point of sale, whereas most bars and pubs would simply have to close down because selling alcohol is 90% of their trade, and it would cease to exist. And it would then open the door for illegal 'moonshiners' filling the position of supplying, and therefore costing the Government millions in lost revenue, and giving the police more 'unneccesary' work trying to stop them.

I will put my hands up and say yes, I do find it difficult to quit. I am ashamed of that, and freely admit it. But I find the attacks on cigarette smokers wholly unbalanced compared to the free pass given to the selling and drinking of alcohol. You see, I feel as strongly about people drinking alcohol, as you do about smokers. And yet people like you fail to see any injustice in 'your' attitude.
As to my 'blog'...I think you will find the balance between my answering peoples' questions about Salou etc, and posting other threads not neccessarily relevant to the Site itself is pretty equivocal. And finally, without being rude, we have Moderators on this Site who are more than capable of deciding if certain threads do not warrant being posted, and remove them.
And finally, say what you like about my contributions, but the hits on many threads I choose to post in are considerably higher than many others. My contributions, AND the replies that they get from people like yourself, actually help the Site, rather than hinder it, because they generate INTEREST and bring people back to see how it is going, and will probably see other threads they might have missed otherwise.and that is why they get a free pass, I believe.
Finally (at last ) the initial post in this thread was totally unsolicited, was a general attack on one section of Society, and merited the replies from those of us who choose to indulge in their unhealthy lifestyle,and therefore feel free to defend it.
PS. Quoted from your previous post:

"(Great reading for a tourist information site about salou)."

Once again proving your bias. This thread started with a comment which also goes against your quote, and yet you chose not to reprimand the poster.Why? It's all about the messenger, and not the message. That was a rhetorical 'why', by the way...no need to wrack your brains to come up with an answer . That would be equally as rhetorical.

>

Joe
I already have a job unlike you nick.

You made a big mistake thinking just because I don't work as an entertainer any more, that I am unemployed.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
steel door panel
Photobucket
Photobucket

Just a few of the 'jobs' I do.
I work hard, very hard. So stop with the snidy untrue comments...OK?

Drinking is fine in moderation even good for you whereas smoking in moderation seriously damages your health . FACT.

It is NOT a fact at all. It depends upon whether you wish to argue FOR or against. I don't drink alcohol at all, so never thought to check this out. So, if I want to back an opinion saying alcohol is NOT good for you in ANY amount, I could quote this site, which casts doubts over the fondly-held belief you quoted:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/health/16alco.html
But there again, there are MORE sites promoting your theory than NOT. However, when you consider the fact that an enormous amount of clinical investigations into the truth are exclusively sponsored by ALCOHOL producers and vendors, I would take those with a pinch of salt.
You are, however, 100% right in saying smoking is 100% detrimental to health.
BUT...there IS evidence that trying to quit tobacco use after extended periods of indulging can result in greater problems for the person trying to quit, especially older people (me ). Like everything, just because it is on the Internet, should we believe it?
Yes I do wish I could quit. I have succeeded for 7 months last year, and 5 weeks this year. Sadly my wife smokes and can't quit, full stop. And her cigarettes being handy at a time when stress comes into my life, it is too easy to reach out and take one.
Commerce and big business drive everything nowadays, I'm sure you will agree. And the sad fact about another 'pet income' from Charities for Commerce, is the Cancer Relief Charities. Billions upon billions have been poured into Cancer research. Probably MORE than they could ever make should they discover a cure. So it is NOT in the interests of Pharmaceutical Companies to find one. I believe they probably already have, but to produce and sell it would raise less revenue than the Charities provide. Kill the Goose that Lays the Golden Egg? Commerce would never do that, in the same way that they have probably found a better and more economical fuel than fossil fuel...but to abandon the ICE would ruin too many Oil Companies and ...why bother, when they have a vastly expensive superstructure in place,are still producing oil, and are already set up to continue to do so for as long as it comes out the ground?
Yeah, kinda 'off-topic', I know , but this all goes to show we don't have a clue about what has been discovered, created or produced...it is better for Commerce to keep us ignorant of it all, and continue to exploit the consumer.
Governments too. Imagine what would happen to an already-crippled Pension Fund, if hundreds of thousands of people were kept alive beyond what 'Nature' intended? Let alone housing, National Health and Lord knows what else.

A long an interesting thread, now lets have a cigarette to calm down.

also a large brandy

3 Beagles escape from a laboratory, as theyre running away, they discuss what the first thing theyre gonna do.Beagle one says, im gonna find a tree and have a good long pee up it, ive missed that.Beagle two says im gonna find a butchers, run in and get the juciest bit of meat i can find to eat.Beagle three stops, and says im off back, im gagging for a fag.

someone quickly get nick a blue peter badge and make it fast before he makes 1 himself

Are we sure he qualifies?

Blue Peter badge