Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tonights news

On tonights spanish news from the 7th of march 2011 the new speed limit on motorways is reduced to 110 from 120, so be carefull.

Re: tonights news

Next, they'll be fining us for walking too ****ed fast...what a load of horse dung..speed doesn't kill!! (It's the sudden stop that does that).
More revenue for the Taxman to waste. Bloody stupid.

The reason for this speed limit reduction is to be more fuel efficient.

If you believe that...have you seen the fairies at the bottom of your garden?????? It is simply a way to collect MORE money via fines.The amount of extra fuel used by doing 120 kph as opposed to 110 is miniscule, with today's fuel efficient ICE's. Compare the savings to the amount of revenue collected by way of fines, and you have the answer . I saw 12 cars stopped on the N420 last week, all in a line, and doing 90kph in an 80kph zone. And that was in the space of 30 seconds. 120 euros a fine minimum, and that is 1440 euros for nothing. Multiply that by say 1000 fines a day,( the new radar system which doesn't even need to stop the cars nowadays probably hauls in more fines than ever), and you are earning 1.5 MILLION euros a day in Catalunya alone. Nice work, if you can get it. Do you think cutting the speed limit by 10 kph will save 1.5 million euros a day? Dream on.

Interestingly, there were tv reports in the UK today that they are thinking about raising the speed limit on British motorways from 70 to 80mph. Unfortunately I only caught the report in passing and it didn't all quite register so I'm not sure who 'they' are......or what the law makers opinion is. Prob on BBC news later

It will probably cost more making and replacing the new road signs than they will save in petrol! Plastic road signs are made out of,guess what,oil!

I am not a number.
It will probably cost more making and replacing the new road signs than they will save in petrol! Plastic road signs are made out of,guess what,oil!

CLASSIC!!! Good point, well made!