Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
questions about trip

Hello, I´m planning a trip with my 9 years old daughter and here´s our plan:
flying from Finland to Barcelona maybe in 11th of June
by train to Salou (where is the trainstation? Is it in Bcn airport?)
maybe 6 days stay in Salou
then back to BCN by train
about 4 days stay and then flying back to Finland.
So I was thinking to stay in hostel, but from this site I found cheap hotels, does anyone got good tips for us.
How to book and find good, but cheap hotel/hostel which is not full of partying people and it is quite near by center or/and beach?

Yes we were planning to go to Port Aventura for 2 days and maybe to Aquapolis, but is there any place to ride a horse and how much does it cost?
I have been riding few years time to time and girl have been in few curses.

And every good tips and hints to do, where to go and so on are welcome too, because this is first backpacker trip to us outside Finland.

Re: questions about trip

QUOTE:

Hello, I´m planning a trip with my 9 years old daughter and here´s our plan:
flying from Finland to Barcelona maybe in 11th of June
by train to Salou (where is the trainstation? Is it in Bcn airport?)

: The train station for Salou is in Barcelona Saints, but there is a local service from the airport to Barcelona Saints every 15 minutes. The station at the Airport is just across from Terminal B, accessed by a pedestrian walkway. When you get to Barcelona Saints, you can ask which platform you need for the Tarragona train. When you arrive in Tarragona you might have to change trains for Salou. Please be aware that the last train from Saints to Tarragona leaves quite early, around 10 pm. I hope your arrival time will be in time to catch the train.

maybe 6 days stay in Salou
then back to BCN by train
about 4 days stay and then flying back to Finland.
So I was thinking to stay in hostel, but from this site I found cheap hotels, does anyone got good tips for us.

Hotels are plentiful in and around Salou, and most come well recommended. I would suggest possibly Salou Park, which is quite near the beach, about 100 metres, or alternatively San Diego or perhaps the Marinada Hotel, or else just go to Google Earth, and search "Salou Hotels", and then check them out on the main page of this site.

How to book and find good, but cheap hotel/hostel which is not full of partying people and it is quite near by center or/and beach?

You can book most Hotels direct online from their websites...see above.

Yes we were planning to go to Port Aventura for 2 days and maybe to Aquapolis, but is there any place to ride a horse and how much does it cost?
I have been riding few years time to time and girl have been in few curses.

Yes, there is a riding stables called "Hipica Westfork", which again you can search for via Google. THey have many horses of all sizes, and it is not too far out of Salou...about a 5 minute taxi ride. I
can`t tell you prices for this season, but again, you will find that info on their website.

And every good tips and hints to do, where to go and so on are welcome too, because this is first backpacker trip to us outside Finland.

Difficult to advise you without knowing your tastes, but I can assure you Salou has everything here for ANYBODY to be able to have a wonderful Holiday, young or old!

I hope you enjoy your stay here, as I am sure you will. Any further questions you might have, will be answered as best we can! I am sure others will chime in with more suggestions.
Thank you for using Salou Uncovered Forum, and congratulations upon your excellent English!!

And yes... you DO have friends here in Salou!