Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SIM card in Spain?

Hi all,

I'm just after a bit of advice from all of you who are 'in the know' about these things.

If a UK resident is planning an extended stay in Spain say, for the whole of the season, is there a better way to finance making / receiving calls and texts than using the UK sim card? I'm thinking that maybe a Spanish pay as you go card might be the way forward, but I've also seen UK-bought sims on the net that have an upfront payment of between 20 and 30 quid and appear to have a zero charge for texts and received calls.

Just wondering if anyone has used either option and what your varying opinions might be.

Thanks in advance, JACKO

Re: SIM card in Spain?

if you are planning on buying a spanish sim you will have to have a NIE number the green residencia form as all siims need to be registered. a law introduced a couple of years ago supposedly to prevent terrorism and the like

Llamaya do a good deal. SIM is free but you have to buy an initial top up of at least 5 euros. You can buy it online or from many of the internet/asian/corner shops. If you dont have a NIE/NIF number you can use your passport. They will take a copy of your picture page.

http://www.llamayamovil.com/

Thanks Rick and AV......sage advice as usual. I think the E5 card is the way to go.

Thanks again.

AV, can I take it that there is likely to be a decent amount of Llamaya card outlets in Salou? I'm sure that I remember an internet type place on Carles Buigas that I guess would stock and sell these. Cheers