Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Radio 2 interview today

Paul Evans (Chief Exec of Low Cost Holidays) was a guest on Steve Wright's show today. He gave a very encouraging overview of the 2011 bookings in the travel industry (as he sees it). He said that with the uncertainty in the UK about jobs, interest rates etc, long haul destinations are taking the hit this time around with Spain seemingly being the place to head for and bookings well on the up. He felt that this was due to people not necessarily looking for 'cheap'... but actually looking for 'value' that they will get in Spain.

Can I suggest that this season everyone involved in the tourist trade in Salou and surrounds takes every opportunity to stress the value that their guests are getting (plus sunshine thrown in as well)? This may encourage return visitors again, which is what all resorts thrive on.

Of course, the debate will centre on what 'value' looks like. It's different things to different people but I guess we all know that 'value' exists in Salou and is one of your strengths.

When I did my filming back in September around Salou, I found fantastic value when dining in local establishments, a welcoming pint priced at what I though was more than competitive when compared with all the pubs in my home town of Rugby (well, everywhere except Spoonies of course!!) and outstanding value when using public transport. So, there could be light at the end of the tunnel for Spain this year and I'd like to wish all in Salou the very best of fortune for 2011.

For anyone that is interested, the Paul Evans interview might be available on the BBC Radio 2 website (Steve Wright Show listen again) and was first broadcast today (Tuesday 25th) at about 15.40hrs.

Salut!

Re: Radio 2 interview today

Thanks for that jacko very good news

There was also an article in The Sun recently also saying that Spain & Portugal are the best value. The Costa Dorada even got a mention, copy and paste this link to read the article:-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/travel/3324755/2011-breaks-cost-more.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Travel

i heard that too on the radio 2 show it said bookings to spain are 18 percent up, great news