Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Time ;-)

Hi all, You've probably all answered this question on many occasions but it's our first ever visit to mainland Spain on 21st May and was wanting some advice/ help/ tips on what to do, what to see, where to go?
We are using Siesta Coach holidays (after THE worst flight back from Turkey I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground - well for now anyway) and we are staying at The Villa Marina Hotel. What is the weather usually like at the end of May? Are we going to be quite a distance from the beach/main resort area? (TBH we are not that into nightclubs etc just want a nice bar or restaurant if we decide to venture out.

Excited!

Re: First Time ;-)

First of all...Welcome to the Forum! Secondly...you have made a good choice in Salou, and the Villa Marina Hotel.
Weather?? Well, let me tell you that right now, in the middle of January, I am sitting typing this reply in beautiful warm bright sunshine, and a temperature of around 20 degrees C..and May will be typically warm, sunny and welcoming!! We might have the odd shower or two during May...but who doesn't?
Although situated in the 'Old Town', it is not too far from the beach, and you will be walking up the 'Main Street' of Salou, Carrer Barcelona, which has a multitude of shops and small bars and restaurants to visit on your walk to the seafront, which is about 15 minutes away. However the Hotel has, as far as I know, always had a 'shuttle bus' for their patrons, which takes them to the beach, or to the promenade, which is pòssibly the best on mainland Spain!
Halfway along Carrer Barcelona, you will cross the railway lines which pass into Salou railway station on the right hand side, should you wish to travel further afield.

Entertainment? You will not be disappointed in Salou, with a multitude of Venues providing Live Music, Comedy, family entertainment and Magic Shows for the children.
Of course, the beaches here in Salou, La Pineda and Vilafortuny are renowned for being regularly amongst the winners of the EU's Blue Riband for cleanliness and safety levels.

The Theme Park is very close by, as are the Water Parks etc etc, and I doubt you will find a more complete holiday venue on mainland Spain.
Take a look at Jacko's promotional video, at the top of the Forum entry page...He very kindly made that for us last year, out of his own love for Salou, and demonstrates some of the things to see and do in Salou, and also, visit the Main page, and click away to your heart's content, on the links to many of Slaou's finest venues...
I hope you have a wonderful time here...I'm betting on it!!

Re: First Time ;-)

i have been to salou on a number of occassions over the last four years with my wife and daughter who is now 8 years old, we have had a fantastic time always plenty to do and a great child friendly beach, salou the best holiday destination, as usual nick has explained everything, have a great holiday