Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LETS PROMOTE SALOU AND THE COSTA DAURADA

I have followed the debate on TV3, and none of the political parties have put forward the promotion of the Costa Daurada and Catalunya as a tourist destination. To promote catalunya sure would increase the monetary power for everyone. I'm in London at the momment and have found that communities such as Andalucia, are promoting on a sensational way. Both ads on London buses and in shopping malls but a community with more economic power as the Catalan not doing it. During the debate many important points where discussed but others where nonsense. Please promote Catalunya to the world and you will see that revenue is put back into the coffers of the Government.

Re: LETS PROMOTE SALOU AND THE COSTA DAURADA

I totally agree, although websites such as salou uncovered and salou spotlight are doing their utmost to promote the area the local govenrment offices do not seem to be doing much, with websites such as this word does get around but unfortunately not as much as could be achieved by advertising backed by local government policy and funds, i am sure most people like myself who visit regularly also spread the word but more needs to be done, investment by local government in promotion is the only way forward.

what about advertising on english - irish tv,surly it cant be that expensive for a 30 second advert promoting salou two or three times a week.

We should advertise with port aventura and push the golf courses all year around. We must be investing in the future in russia i guess.
Summer 2011 will be a bumper i believe . Britain is coming out of the crisis the euro is plunging and by may will be around 1.35.
Last season had a awful start with the euro at 1 for 1 and the ash cloud that ruined may and most of june ,july was as always ruined by the world cup,yet september was busy