Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
time to say goodbye

well the season is grinding down now and my friends its time to say goodbye after 10 years i am moving on i have fond memories of all the years but the last 1 the worst. im not saying i wont be back but for now pastures new, i will miss a few things but certanly not the morros, and back stabbing that goes on here i have just over 1 week left then am off good luck Salou good bye Addios

Re: time to say goodbye

Are you Ricky from the fish n chips?

Never say Never eh? Good luck in pastures new!

no rick andrews salous no 1 hypnotist cheers martin love salou but time for change and all that

I'm sorry it all turned out this way for you Rick, but you WILL find your way out of this. Because it wasn't your fault.Unfortunately, it isn't the punters who get fed up with you, it is the people you work for. They judge your appeal on their OWN feelings, not the punters'. Just because they have seen your show a thousand times, they think you are not contemporary any more. What they forget is this: the majority of visitors to Salou every year are first-timers, and to them you ARE new, good, and worth your salt.The trouble is, you can command too much money, and that is the deciding factor: if they can get somebody 'new', and not neccessarily (rarely) BETTER, but cheaper, you will get chopped.End of. You were simply too good, and therefore too expensive. The irony of it all is simple. The money they save on your fee, they lose 10 fold in the till because of the replacement 'Acts' simply don't have the experience, the skill or the professionalism to do a good job.
Just remember: when the supermarkets move in, they replace quality with availability, and hence quality suffers, and the professional independent cornershops die off. All that experience wasted and thrown on the scrapheap. Don't waste yours Rick. Carry on in pastures new.
I wish you the best of success in the future.

thanks nick i wasnt short of work due to being replaced my venues have died off rovers gone the metro no clients hennesseys not busy enough jimmys empty railway just doing food so not the owners just circumstances i could stay and continue with the photography it makes more than a show brings in i was asked to start back up but head not right and snapshots bringing a decent living for me had a nice compliment the other night when one of the managers said the best hypnotist in salou is the guy now taking photos

leaving 18th there is a fancy dress end of season party at funky monkey c/ priorat fri 15th barry on guitar me djing its also myleaving party all welcome for a drink free buffet aswell 9 pm till late