Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ryanair hand luggage question .....help please !!

Hiya

Does anyone know if Ryanair weigh your hand luggage bag at the boarding gate at Livepool airport ?? Ive only got hand luggage and printed boarding cards so no need to go to check in desk . Going tomorrow and think Im slighly over the 10kg but could just be my scales ( my case is withing size thought ....just !!) How strict are they at Reus when you come home ?

Any advice would be great

Re: Ryanair hand luggage question .....help please !!

I've not flown from Liverpool so can't help you there, but my hand luggage did get weighed at Reus last month.

Is any of your hand luggage clothes? Can you wear any of it over your other clothes to take your luggage under the 10KG?? You can take it off the moment you land!

Have a good time

Yeh thanks already taking Martin Lewis advice and wearing a coats with loads of pockets for my phone and charger etc LOL will take a chance I can always dump my beach towel and buy another one over there

How much is the beach towel going to cost?

How much to pay for luggage?

Use the hotel towel and put it back when you finish?

Hi Lost, the hotel where i stay has signs up saying hotel towels must not be taken to the beach but yes i would buy beach towels etc when over there and leave them at the hotel when i returned home if i was worried about baggage costs, there are many cheap shops for that kind of stuff, ryanair are very strict on baggage weight both at liverpool and reus, i have seen people emptying items out of their case to get within weight limits and not pay any charges althought jet2 from manchester are not as strict, they did not even weigh our hand luggage at all last week

Hi, the hotel towels thing was tongue in cheek!

Taken into account all the things you can't take it's cheaper to pay a luggage allowance ...

A 15 kilo suitcase will cost 30€.

But it's better for our economy if you buy it here!

And that's not taken into to account the stress.. put all your things in the suitcase a breeze through customs with no weight on your shoulders sit in your seat without fighting for luggage space.

( Having said all that I choose to take hand lugguage funny old things us humans )

EU Aviation Cabin Baggage Security Regulations
EU Aviation Cabin Baggage Security Regulations for all Passengers
EU aviation security regulations only permit containers of 100mls or less of liquids, gels, pastes, lotions and cosmetics to be brought through the passenger security screening points at all EU Airports.

Liquid items MUST be presented at the passenger security screening point in a transparent re-sealable bag (about the size of a small freezer bag), which itself must not exceed 1 litre in capacity (approximately 20cm x 20cm). The contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably and the bag sealed.

Each passenger may carry only one such bag of liquids and the bag must be presented separately for examination at the airport security point.

Please note:

Any containers larger than 100ml (excluding essential medicines, see section below) will NOT be allowed through the security search point. Most liquids of any amount may still be carried in hold baggage.

One lighter per person may be carried through security. Lighters form part of the allowance of liquid in the litre bag and can either be placed inside the litre bag or screened separately provided they would fit into the bag.

Remember that 'Liquids' includes:

All drinks, including water, soup, syrups

Creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara etc

Sprays and pressurized containers including shaving foam and spray deodorants

Pastes, including toothpastes

Gels, including hair and shower gel

Any other solutions and items of similar consistency

Please note that liquids can usually be purchased beyond airport security search points, in the departures area, as these liquids are subject to a separate screening process.

Essential medicines

Essential medicines for the period of the trip may be permitted in larger quantities above the 100ml limit, but will be subject to authentication. Passengers must produce supporting documentation from a relevant qualified medical professional.

Essential medical equipment

Passengers are permitted to carry through airport security medical equipment essential for use during the period of their trip. Where possible the equipment should be contained within the ONE item of cabin baggage and again should be accompanied by supporting documentation from a relevant qualified medical professional.

Baby Food

Liquid baby food or sterilised water, sufficient for the journey, can be taken through airport security. The accompanying adult will be required to verify by tasting.

Essential Liquid Dietary Foodstuffs

Liquid dietary foodstuffs which are deemed essential can be taken through airport security and will be subject to verification by the passenger.

Laptops / electrical items

Laptops and other large electrical items (e.g. a large hairdryer) have to be removed from cabin baggage and screened separately. A laptop bag that is not contained within the one piece of cabin baggage is regarded as the one allowable item of cabin baggage.

We strongly recommend that if you must carry some liquids or other substances covered by the regulations in your hand luggage, you pack them in the required transparent, re-sealable bag...BEFORE YOU SET OUT ON YOUR JOURNEY.

General Information on Ryanair's Checked Baggage Allowances

A checked baggage allowance of 15kg per passenger applies to each customer who has paid a checked bag fee. Any passenger checking in baggage exceeding their checked baggage allowance of 15kg per person will be charged an excess baggage fee. Passengers may not use the unused checked baggage allowance of other passengers. No pooling/sharing of the checked baggage allowance is permitted, even within a party travelling on the same Confirmation Number.

hi we use ryanair all the time. no weighing at liverpool or birmingham last time we went earlier this year. however, when returnung from reus they measure your hand luggage and if it doesnt slide easily into the square cage they have, then you have to pay a handsome E30 or you dont travel. hope this helps.

That is really, really helpful. Thanks for the advice. I've been having a good look through this forum recently as we are over in October and the little practical snippets of solid advice such as you have offered are great!

Thats why we are here.
To help you make your holiday a better one thanks to all the friends that they post on this forum,

YOU´VE GOTE FRIENDS IN SALOU

Ryanair have been employing a tactic to lull you into a false sense of security.

On your outgoing flight you will see no weighing machines or personnel.

On your homeward flight where you will be choc-o-block full of gifts they weigh every bag.

So be warned!

Hope this helps Lost.

Hi all,

Do Ryanair allow a little extra for handles/wheeles on cabin luggage?

My case measures: 57cm(height) including wheels and handle.

Hope you can help?!

Thanks in advance.

Marcella :-)

Lost
Ryanair have been employing a tactic to lull you into a false sense of security.

On your outgoing flight you will see no weighing machines or personnel.

On your homeward flight where you will be choc-o-block full of gifts they weigh every bag.

So be warned!

Hope this helps Lost.

so they now have scales at the gate at reus airport can anyone confirm this
chris

Last time i paid extra 40 euros for my baggage at reus airport, so i think they are quite strict

would recommend that you invest in a little set of digital travel scales (about £12 from ebay) we did and they've paid for themselves about 5 times over on the amount they save us on excess baggage charges!!!!

█████████ Seen this yet? █████████