Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A TASTE OF SPAIN (in London) Salou not mentioned!

On the 6 of June at Regent Street in London, “A Taste Of Spain”, Salou or the Costa Dorada are NOT MENTIONED! Come on what is the matter with the Tourist Offices in Salou, Cambrils and La Pineda. The crisis in Spain still on and we are not doing much to attract more visitors. Anyway, just follow the link and see for yourself.

“Go to A Taste Of Spain

Re: A TASTE OF SPAIN (in London) Salou not mentioned!

Was mentioned in the earlier version in liverpool!...see same link....and cant get onto future scotish version so cant comment. Hope this helps.

THAT FACT THAT NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO BRING TRADE WAS MENTIONED IN AN EARLIER THREAD MY DISBELIEF WAS IN THE REPLYS....

I DON'T WANT TO SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE SO I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING.

READ THE THREAD...

OF COURSE WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY AS NOW SALOU IS FULL OF TOURISTS!

LOST

Author Comment
Entrepreneur

Apr 26, 2010 - 9:08AM QuoteReply Who brings the tourists?

Is there a chamber of commerce for Salou?

Do the hoteliers and the restaurantes and UPA meet Regularly?

Do we let people like Thomson Aspro First Choice etc. Decide where they are taking "OUR" customers.

Do we have easy access to the number of tourists booking flights?

Do we have easy access to the number of tourists booking Hotels?

Is there a statistics office which registers all this?

Do we know the age groups and type of people who come to Salou?

Is there a local business forum?

Does the Costa Dorada brand advertise on British media?

Do local companies work with eurolines / ryanair and the like to ensure more custom?

I think it's about time SALOU became its own tour operator, Its advertisor.

Yes we still have a lot going for us!

But this isn't being managed right!

I think we can't bury our heads in the sand any longer.

I tend to get the feeling the bigger business in the area UPA and Hotels are just going to freeze out the smaller ones, evene though this isn't in their interest.

There are lots of kind of business owners in Salou and I think it's about time that despite differences past and present THEY SHOULD UNITE IN A NEW WAY.

I am not part of that community but would like to help.

There should be new activities set up to bring new tourist advertised in the places we know the Spanish don't use.

More adventure sports, bungee, sphering, walks bikes for the adolescents.

More activities to keep younger kids occupied so the parents can relax.

Maybe there are many of these alternatives already?

We should become experts on the web if somebody types holidays, fun, hotels bars etc. in Google "SALOU" should be the first second and third site to come up.

And while I'm all for competion.

I think we should have only one website site for Salou and get everybody to write through the forums again.

It's time to do act together.

Not enough money to set up an activity like sphering then join forces to put up the capital.

IF WE DON'T START TO SELL SALOU THERE WILL ONLY BE IMSERO AND UPA.

Entrepreneur.
Local

Apr 26, 2010 - 6:45PM QuoteReply Re: Who brings the tourists?

I think you are being a bit to dramatic. The only problem last year was the awful exchange rate and the world financial crisis things will be fine again the uk is slowly moving out of the crisis and the euro is creeping upwards daily.Salou is a great holiday destination with lots to offer for all age groups.
Entrepreneur

Apr 27, 2010 - 8:24AM QuoteReply Re: Who brings the tourists?

Bury your head in the sand....

My sister was out here two weeks ago in between travel and hotels and food and entertainment they spent the same amount as when they go scuba diving to the Red Sea.

What's the diving like here?

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT THE SITUATION FEELS LIKE IT'S ABOUT WHAT IS BEING DONE.

THE PEOPLE FROM ESTIVAL PARK GO EVERY YEAR TO THE EASTERN COUNTRIES AND DIRECTLY BRING THE CUSTOMERS FROM THRE AGENCIES THERE...

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHY WE SEE OUR "BRITISH" AND "NON-BRITISH" BAR/RESTAURANT OWNERS ON THE STREET TRYING PULL IN THE PUNTERS FROM THE STREET.

I'M NOT FATALISTIC BUT SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE OR MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS WILL BE BACKING THERE BAGS AND RETURNING "HOME" TO THE EVER MORE GLORIOUS SITUATION IN BRITIAN.

A GOOD REPLY TO MY THREAD IS TO SAY WHAT WE CAN DO....

NOT TO SAY NAA ITS ALL FINE.

ENT.
Local

Apr 27, 2010 - 9:10AM QuoteReply Re: Who brings the tourists?

Like you say your not in business and part of the business community well i am and can tell you 2007 was one of the best on record , 2008 was very good but a slightly quieter end to that season than normal caused by the weakening euro and the world financial crisis starting to kick in. 2009 as we all know was a bad year for tourism generally as the euro went 1 for 1 against the pound and the world was in full crisis. In 2009 salou still had the highest hotel occupancy rate in mainland spain , the resort was very busy peak season but alot quieter at the start and end as the british stayed at home due to the crisis.
Those are the plain facts nothing to do with putting anyones head i the sand. This year will be alot better as the euro is now 1.15 most businesses havent touched prices for 4 years many have even dropped to allow for the poor exchange rate. Britain had a terrible summer and freezing wet winter people will want to get away again as we come out of the crisis. Greece is in chaos and Turkey prices have risen by 40% and now officially dearer than spain. The future is bright .
Entrepreneur

Apr 27, 2010 - 10:56AM QuoteReply Re: Who brings the tourists?

I Do apreciate your reply...

Good to hear all the positive news.

Good to know that I'm in the wrong.

Some of my work does come of the back of tourism hence my personal concern.

But if my ventures don't work out, I'll be coming to you for a Job, your obviously in the money.

I Do apreciate your reply...

I let you know if a need a Job.

All the best TO EVERYONE IN SALOU my home from home.
Regular reader.

Fact Salou is not full of tourists this is the slowest start to main season iv seen in 10 years many venues not open yet what are open are waring amongst their selfs fighting over every euro and customer carlos buigas empty every night the bigger bars offering the same entertainers just on different nights which can also be seen in the hotels why would you pay to be in a bar when you can watch these shows for nothing in your hotel muggings on the increase yes there are police out in the day but the attacks are at night the area round la union, c/ prioat dangerous to walk down if this town dosnt sort it self out their will be no visitors left about time the mayor launched a zero tollerance policy on muggers get caught and straight to prison as the police know who they are but let them go after few hours

Well I'm sure all these comments will entice people to visit!!!

Ask Local he seemed to have all the answer a few weeks back ...

He's probably called "ex expat" now.

FACT- salou has one of the lowest crime rates of the eastern coast of spain, everyone is going on as if its like benalmedina or fuengirola.
YES - salou crime has been on the increase of late in areas which are recognised crime hotspots like la union etc, unfortunatly spanish law is different to the uk and criminals do get away with muggings etc but this is nothing compared to shootings and stabbings in other resorts, most of those are fueled by drugs , alcahol or mafia related, salou is still one of the safest resorts.
As far as the promotion of salou goes there was a tv programme called COACH TRIP and the tourists went to port aventura for the day port aventura was descibed on the programme as being in tarragona, no mention was made about salou on the programme

frustrated
Fact Salou is not full of tourists this is the slowest start to main season iv seen in 10 years many venues not open yet what are open are waring amongst their selfs fighting over every euro and customer carlos buigas empty every night the bigger bars offering the same entertainers just on different nights which can also be seen in the hotels why would you pay to be in a bar when you can watch these shows for nothing in your hotel muggings on the increase yes there are police out in the day but the attacks are at night the area round la union, c/ prioat dangerous to walk down if this town dosnt sort it self out their will be no visitors left about time the mayor launched a zero tollerance policy on muggers get caught and straight to prison as the police know who they are but let them go after few hours

Posts like this on an open public forum may well be another reason why people are staying away from Salou.