Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cheap food markets??

Hiya, I'm due to go back to Salou in June SC on a shoestring! This is our fourth time now. Does anyone know of any cheap food markets or supermarkets? I'll be cooking this time to save money lol and spending all our cash on the nightlife!!
We're staying at the Club Dorada Palace, please no bad reviews we've booked it now!!

Thanks
Vikki

Re: cheap food markets??

Mercadona down on Carrer Barcelona (about 15 minutes walk from you) is a good bet, and Michelangelo Supermarket (if it is still there ) is even closer, but more expensive, IIRC. Long time since I went there . I would recommend Mercadona because they do have some Brit stuff too

Michelangelo has more Brit stuff. Heinz beans,beans/sausage,Heinz soups,corned beef etc but the meat,cheddar cheese,whole uncooked chicken,chicken breasts,pork/lamb chops are great at Mercadona and relatively cheap.Their frozen veg is also top class! They also sell Heinz beans,Weetabix,Corn Flakes,plus other Brit cereals and a good butter which is similar to Brit butter. I would bring tea bags with you and not much else. We don't do tea here except in Brit bars!

Most supermarkets do teabags! Mercadona have Tetleys- back wall, to the right of the coffee.

The Tetleys cost a small fortune.Bring your own!