Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JET2 advanced passport information (help please)

Hi Friends,
I was wondering if any visitors to salou uncovered have flown with jet2, we are due to fly over to salou in july with jet2 but i can not find anywhere on their website to enter in the advanced passport information for my booking.
jet2 customer service line is charged at 50p per min and i was on the phone for 10 mins and still could not get to speak to a customer service person about how to enter these details on my booking,
can anyone advise please?

Re: JET2 advanced passport information (help please)

Cut and pasted this from their site..don't know if it clarifies your position, and how you have to proceed
Quote:
I have heard that it is now a requirement for airlines to obtain passengers' information, including passport number, in advance of travel. When and how will you ask me for this information?
From March 2009, Jet2.com is legally required to provide the UK Home Office with passport data for all passengers departing from and arriving into the UK. You are therefore required to provide Jet2.com with accurate passport data. You may provide this data anytime between the time of your booking and 5 hours before departure. You can provide this data under the Manage My Booking section of the website, through our call centre or this can be taken from you at check-in.

Advance passenger information
Jet2.com is complying with the request for API (advance passenger information). We are investing in new technology to collect the necessary information at check-in and we do not, therefore, anticipate any extra queuing times for our customers. Customers using our online check-in facility will be able to provide their data at the "fast bag-drop", if they have baggage to check-in, or at the departure gate if they have hand baggage only.
However, it is sensible to remind all our customers that check in for international flights closes strictly 40 minutes prior to departure, by which time you must have completed the check in process. We continue to strongly recommend that all customers arrive at the departure airport no later than 2 hours before the scheduled departure time in order to allow sufficient time to complete the check in process and clear Airport Security. If you are planning to travel with excess baggage please allow extra time.
/QUOTE.

thanks nick, i don't know how i missed that, it does help a lot, thanks again for the info

have you managed to sort the problem now Keith?

yes thanks nick, i just hope now that we can get there and back without any volcanic ash problems