Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re register a motorbike

Following my failed attempts to buy a Spanish registered bike I am bringng my UK machine across but would like to register it in Spain.
Is there someone I can leave matters with in my absense or anyone got suggestions as to how to proceed.

Re: Re register a motorbike

There is a gestoria called rafols on the calle barcelona that sort car and bike papers out . You only need to register it if you plan to stay all year if your only here for the summer i wouldnt bother but if you get stopped by the police say your a tourist and only show uk passport and driving license.
If the bike and you are here permanantly as well as changing the bike papers you will have to change your british license to a spanish one .

Cheers Winston

I live in UK but visit the area quite regularly so it would just be the bike that would be remaining. Think I'll try out the place you suggested. I take it thats in Salou?

Thanks again

If you are just visiting for periods of time, rather than staying for good, I would suggest you don't really need to re-register it here. If you need somewhere safe, reliable and honest to park it up during your absence, you are welcome to leave it in my secure garage for free. Just a thought.

Nick

Thanks for offer but I have a place to store my bike.
Going out on a limb though, the company transporting my bike is likely to pass Salou on way to Murcia a day before my arrival in May, whats the chance of dropping with you if necessary and I'll collect thereafter.
Cheeky or wot !!!!!
If you can be of help can you let me know. Obviously dont want to discuss finer points on open forum.

Certainly!!
Email me on nickcann@terra.es