Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
next weeks weather

am arriving n sat with young children 4 a week stayin in cap salou. Have been checkin weather on internet and its givin mixed results, mainly rain and thunderstorms. Can anyone local give me a rough guide wat its really goin to b like as moderator doesnt update til sat and i wont get to c it. Thanks

Re: next weeks weather

The weather has been very warm the last few days, and will probably continue to be so. Today it is very bright sunshine,clear blue skies and SUNBURN conditions!! Honestly! The Weather forecasts are, as we all know, unreliable in the long-term. BUT,as it is the end of April, and thus of the 'showery spells' period, I would say you are going to get a nice tan, IF you are careful, and will enjoy your holiday no end! Pop into Route 66 down in Cap Salou Village, and say Hi to my wife Ellie, and also to Sue and Marga. You will be very warmly welcomed, and treated to excellent food and kind and pleasant service I hope you have a wonderful time in beautiful Cap Salou!

Thank Nicks really appreciate you letting me know. Will have to check out Route 66 when we are there

Well, the Sky weather forecast, and the Catalan one have suddenly taken on a nasty look about the next 4 days. Hope I didn't bring that about by being too optimistic The weather is notorious for making the forecasters look stupid, so I am hoping this will be the case. Apparently, the Volcano effect is now affecting the Euro weather outlook. Sorry if it seems I have mislead you (inadvertently, I can assure you)

Not too clever.... until the 5th!

Could be better staying at home weather pretty much the same here, not a good start to holiday will be a very long week if not sunny

I'll upate this thread every day
The forecast for today was clouds and light rain. Started off cloudy and hazy, then brightened up into a reasonably pleasant afternoon. The forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain. It could change again by the next time I log in, so will update again in the morning.

Nick

Get your umbrella ready!

Nick

Get your umbrella ready!

Had it ready this morning...but didn't need it!! heck, I hope it doesn't rain...I am mixing concrete by the ton at the moment...rain and concrete don't go too well together
So I just went outside, looked up and the sky...and it is dark with no stars out. Looks like a partial high covering of medium dark clouds, with no wind. Not promising...but..who knows what the wind is like up there? Keep your fingers crossed!
Salou often bucks the official weather forecast, because it is surrounded on 3 sides by hills and low mountains, and the coast to the south. These hills and mountains can actually divert the clouds away and around us...so here's hoping

Overcast and light breeze, and a very few raindrops earlier on. Not a very nice day to go out and about on the beach, but not cold. Again, the weather forecast has changed for the week: cloudy today and tomorrow, and then bright sunshine Monday Tuesday, but not so hot as last week.
EDIT: Just checked the one I usually use, and it has changed AGAIN, within 30 minutes Forecasts are very unreliable, as far as I am concerned...even mine , and I live here! I can look out over the Salou area from my house, and the sky is grey from horizon to horizon; and yet, in a matter of minutes, it can break and allow the sunshine through..and that sunshine is VERY warm when it appears. Fingers crossed.

Sadly, not a very nice day to arrive in Salou. The thunderstorm (VERY weak, only 2 flashes of lightning) came late in the afternoon, along with some rain. I have just been walking our dogs, and can tell you the moon is out, looking beautiful over the sea:
Photobucket

, the sky is clear with thousands of stars out, and we have a gusty wind from the north-east, which seems to have blown the clouds away for now. No more rain for tonight, I guess, and hopefully we will have a sunny day tomorrow. Temperature is around 12 C, and will probably feel warmer tomorrow if the sun comes out again.
Last thursday 6am sunrise over Salou/Tarragona:
Photobucket

A LOT better today Warm breeze, blue skies, hot sun!! Hope it stays that way

Hi Nick ,
I must say keep up the reports and pics, better updates than meteocat or met office any day.

Thanks Keith...and I'll try to keep them short!!
3:45pm, and the weather is still holding fine, but breezy here in Riudecanyes. Surprising the difference in weather between here and Salou...a matter of 18 kilometres..probably no wind on the beach,because it is prevailing from the N.E. and Salou is protected to an extent by the ring of hills inland.
Long shot from our front porch, overlooking Salou and Cap Salou. Blue skies!! Sunshine!!
salou may

I hope Michael and family are enjoying their holiday!

Update 8:15pm...mini storm is rumbling again, and light rain started to fall a few minutes ago. Hope the sun comes back tomorrow am Sky still has some blue patches, and the clouds are light and high

OK, I've jinxed the weather, so I will stop posting about it. HEAVY rain all night, still falling. Sorry Folks..must be my fault

looks like you have nicHomeEmailHelpMake AOL. My Homepage
You might also like: AOL News., FanHouse Football UK and MoreSign InAOL Weather UKAOL Weather UKUK WeatherMy ForecastMaps and RadarPhotosMy CitiesWorld WeatherFeedbackSP and Spain, Tarragona, SPXX0076, weather forecast, maps and radar - AOL Weather.Tarragona, SpainTarragona 7:21
PM

CEST

2 Monday, May 3rd, 2010
change locationx|closeSelect temperature units:

Fahrenheit Celsius Snapshot Hourly Detail 7 Day Detail Doppler & Maps Avg. & Records Weekend Yesterday
Search for weather related information.
Get weather for:
Find
browse by Country

My CitiesSelect temperature units:

°F °C Hometown
Change

York
9 10 3 York
Saved CitiesAdd a City Snag
See All
Photos Maps UK Cities International Latest News Search for weather related information.
Enter Postcode, City or Country
Find Current conditions:

Rain

Select temperature units:

Fahrenheit Celsius
Rain9 ° feels like 7 ° 14 High

8 Low

Precipitation

90 % Right Now7:21
PM
CEST
9 ° RainFeels Like 7°
Relative Humidity 87%
Barometer 29.71(Falling Rapidly)atm
Dew Point 7 °
Visibility 6.21 Miles
UV Index 0 Low
Wind Speed NNE 8 mph Tonight
Rain at times. Low 8C. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around 12mm.

Rain likely. Low 48F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
14 High

8 Low

90 %
Sunrise Sunset
6:51 am8:53 pmRelative Humidity 87%
Barometer 29.71(Falling Rapidly)atm
Dew Point 7 °
Visibility 6.21 Miles
UV Index 0 Low
Wind Speed NNE 8 mph Tonight
Rain at times. Low 8C. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around 12mm.

Rain likely. Low 48F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Sunrise: 6:51 am Sunset: 8:53 pm This WeekTUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN
Showers

Showers
15 7 Showers

Showers
17 8 Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy
17 8 Showers

Showers
17 11 Showers

Showers
17 11 Showers

Showers
18 11
Hourly Detail
7 Day Detail
Averages & Records
Interactive Doppler
Reported from Reus Arpt 05/03/2010 07:00 PM
36 Hour Forecast
Tarragona / 36 Hour Forecast
Tonight
RainHigh14Low 8148 Rain

Precipitation

90%
Sunset: 8:54 PM

Tomorrow
ShowersHigh15Low7157 Showers
Light rain likely. High 15C. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Cloudy. Some light rain is likely. High 59F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Precipitation

60%
Sunrise: 6:49 AM

Tomorrow night
ShowersHigh15Low 7157 Showers
Light rain likely. Low 7C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Occasional light rain. Low 46F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Precipitation

70%
Sunset: 8:55 PM

Interactive Radar| Averages & Records| 7 Day Detail| Hourly Detail Regional MapsRadar and Cloud Cloud ???regionalRadarMap.8??? Browse All Maps Interactive Doppler

Snag
Top AOL News Stories
Leaders take to the same stage
CCTV footage shows car bomb suspect
Gas check 'may have saved children'
Sea Cadet falls overboard to death
Outlook 'not good' for Higgins
More Stories
Top Sports News
Live: Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal
Listmania: Top 10 Bust-Ups of the 2009-'10 Premier League Season
Wigan 2 Hull City 2: Gohouri's Late Equaliser Officially Seals Tigers' Relegation
Wigan - Hull City Minute-By-Minute Report
Carlos Tevez and Manchester City: The End Game May be Looming
More Stories

Local Resources
Ski Weather Info Travel Allergies and Pollen National Events AOL Weather.or browse by Zip, State City or Country
Search Weather LinksUK Weather World Weather Maps and Radar Weather Photos My Forecast My Cities News LinksNews Home UK News World News Money News Health News Fanhouse Football News in Photos More on NewsNews Videos Photo Galleries Featured Galleries News Archive More Blogs/SitesRubyroom Asylum Hot Searches Autoblog Times Online Reuters More Blogs/SitesUK TV Guide Radio Celeb Gossip Songs, Music Videos Privacy Policy AOL. A-Z More Blogs/SitesSafety & Security AOL Broadband Instant Messenger Help AOL News.About AOL. | Contact AOL. | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising Contact | Affiliate Programme | International | Help
Latest UK, Europe and World weather forecast plus weather maps, photos and Local Information including customised My Cities and My Forecast weather pages for a more personalised Local and International weather service.
© AOL (UK) Limited its affiliates and licensors

k