Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help

dose any one know if there are any help/support groups for alcohol problems in the Salou areas

Re: help

Yes its called the barrells, you go up there, get drunk, fall over.................. see, no alcohol problems !!

Local,

I think that was a serious question.
Please refrain your jokes!

lighten up !!

THANKS A LOT LOCAL THIS IS A SERIOUS CRY FOR HELP I AM GOING THROUGH MY MARRAGE BREAK UP AND NEED SERIOUS SUPPORT THEY HAVE HELP GROUPS ALL OVER I THOUGHT SOME ONE ON HERE MIGHT KNOW OF A NUMBEROR WEBSITE IN ENGLISH

Are your problems the result of the marriage failing, or the cause? I ask, because obviously depending upon your answer, you might need counselling on personal relationship/emotional management, rather than for alcohol abuse, or even both.
Do you speak Spanish, or Catalan? Finding any form of counselling in English is probably going to be difficult.

Annonymous if you get hold of the free monthly magazine called the olive press there are AA support groups advertised for english speaking `people, you should find a copy in any of the all year round english bars.Good luck stay strong you have at least put one foot forward in the right direction by realising you need help that is sometimes the hardest step .Maybe someone reading this might have a copy and could post the number on here to save annonymous going to the bars to look for the magazine

just went through 'Olive press', but couldn't see anything to help the Poster. Maybe in La Crida? Don't have a copy handy
I'll look again this evening in Olive Press

nick and winston thank you my marrage is failing as we have drifted apart but i want to fight and need to prove that i will do anything to save it i drink less than most in salou but i see a lot of alcoholic single men over here and dont want to go that way this morning i was looking for samaritans but the are only in the uk
i shouldent put this on a public forum but dont know where else to see help

Hi Anonymous,

Cut and paste this website link, it mentions Barcelona & the Costa Dorada, it has a phone number and says they speak English. Don't know if its any use but surely must be worth a try.

http://barcelona.angloinfo.com/information/14/alanon.asp

I wish you all the best, and although your probably in a very lonely place at the moment, there are others feeling exactly the same as you (although it never feels like that at the time) and you can get through it.

http://barcelona.angloinfo.com/information/14/alanon.asp

All the best.
Jim

many thanks to all i originally posted when was at one of my low points i have spent the day doing positive things it is all too easy to chase the bottle when you are up against things i asked my doctor in the uk last year about my drinking and all though i drink more units than recomended i have drank for near 30 years i am classed as a social drinker and can go for any amount of time not needing it but the work drink life goes hand in hand with me and with no one to stop me i was worried that it would start to spiral out of controle but as a person i know i wont allow that to happen thanks to all
ps there are aa metings in barcelona and south spain but noting in our area so maybe there should be

my friend you have already made positive steps by realising that you have a problem and having the courage to ask for help and advice. good luck

If you ever need to 'get away from it all' for a day, you are welcome to come and 'chill out' with a teetotaller at my house! Maybe , because I DON'T drink at all, I can give you a point of view from 'the other side' of alcohol and its pitfalls..or just get out of Salou and relax a bit! You are always welcome . Drop me an email..it will be confidential
nickcann@terra.es