Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is anybody going to Salou this summer?

Sorry, first post!
We've booked up for Salou this summer but am getting the impression it's not that popular this year. We've been twice before and loved it, even though we were a bit out of the main town! This time we're staying at the Avenida suites which is 5 minutes from the main bit apparently! Can't wait!
It just seems looking through a couple of Holiday sites the saou forums never seem to get many people posting where as the others are as normal!
Mind you at least I'll get a spot on the beach! Then again maybe not as I recall the shore being packed with deck chairs by 9:30am1 :)

Re: Is anybody going to Salou this summer?

Hi chivas bookings are up this year on last year we are expecting a near normal summer i think with so much doom and gloom in the uk people will be desperate to getaway. Even though salou was a little quieter last year we had the highest hotel occupancy rate in spain.People also tend to book last minute deals nowadays also.

i will be going with my family in july, 7th time, didn't make it last year because of the recession but can't wait now, don't worry if the salou websites are quiet compared to others, it does normally go like that until nearer the start of the season in may then you will see a difference,we are all one happy family on the salou websites too,save us a beech bed when you get there

We're going, June 29th - for the 9th time in 6 years!! Really looking forward to it and I'm not bothered if not as many people go, as you say if its a bit quieter there's more room on the beach and shorter queues at Port Aventura