Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In todays News of the World

A RAMPANT festival which sees cavorting Brits drowning in sangria while stumbling and fumbling around on the streets of a Spanish resort will be BANNED.

£1M: Brits spent on booze in two weeks
Outraged locals called time on the two week party after this year's annual booze fest - ending today - saw 8,000 UK youngsters rampage through the seaside town of Salou.

Tired Spaniards witnessed drunken half-naked students running riot, mooning at police and vomiting where they swayed after downing free shots and guzzling pint after pint of cheap beer.

Sixty wasted Brits were treated for alcohol poisoning and an investigation is ongoing after one girl claimed she was raped on the beach by a reveller.

But the local cops have turned a blind eye to the wreckage caused by Saloufest, south of Barcelona, because of the cash Brits spend on the carnage.

Bar owners claim partygoers blew £1 MILLION on booze during the two-week festival. Jose Otero, chairman of Salou's Association of Bars and Restaurants, said: "We should be grateful they come here. Without them, we'd have no food on the table this year."

8,000 students flew in for festival
But on Friday, the regional government in Catalonia stepped in and vowed to end the festival.

"Saloufest is finished," insisted Xavier Sebate, a senior official. "Nobody should come here looking for easy sex or to drink till they drop."

But that's exactly what coach-loads of undergraduates look for when they arrive for the mayhem, which this year kicked off at the end of March.

60 admitted to hospital with alcohol poisoning
Organisers ilovetour.co.uk bill the festival as a sporting event - and many students are outraged that the event could be axed next year.

A hockey player from Liverpool, who asked not to be named, said: "We've just come here to relax, get drunk and maybe take a bloke home for a one-night stand. I don't understand what the fuss is about."

But Spanish pensioner Dolores Vidaal, 64, raged: "They're animals. Spanish students don't behave like this.

"I really hope they ban it so I can get some sleep."

Re: In todays News of the World

when will these whingers realise that without tourists they would still be riding donkeys & picking oranges from trees
£1 millon spent in 2 weeks plus food and accomodation etc
this from the country that invented the word fiesta

I do wonder how they get all there information. The name of the Rugby Tavern apeared in the Daily Mirror. 1. Its not even is Salou. 2. It has not had its main sign up for the last 6 weeks.How did they get the name.IF this was a reporter in Salou from the Uk how did they know about the Rubby Tavern? Also Uncle Sams had its window smashed the day after the students left, no report about that in the papers|

The Rugby Tavern in Vilafortuny does not open until May 1st! Still,don't let the truth spoil a good work of fiction!

The lord mayor today announced that saloufest will be back in salou next year , official.