Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 flatscreen tv's in good working order for sale

1x19", and 2x20 inch screens. LESS THAN 3 YEARS OLD, WORKING PERFECTLY. Also can be used for PC monitors or Karaoke screens. All have S-Video outputs and PC connectors.
75€ each or all three for 200 €
Leave your email here if interested, or email me
nickcann@terra.es

Re: 3 flatscreen tv's in good working order for sale

Nick are they flat Lcd or tube??

Lost...

Flat LCD
Nick

sorry the wife just asked are they tdt?

Eh???
Edit:Ah!! terrestial digital television ??? I don't have a clue. I know they work with Sky satellite systems..
AV Kid!! HEEELLLPPPPP!Please

If there not tdt then they wont work with spanish tv only sky or other sat boxes but you can buy very cheap connectors ive heard.

joe
If there not tdt then they wont work with spanish tv only sky or other sat boxes but you can buy very cheap connectors ive heard.

Well, they were all bought in Spain, so I figure they will work, but still not sure.

Well, according to this site:
http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/tdt_spanish_digital_terrestrial_freeview_spain.php
they will work. read it all, and a lot becomes clearer, or so I found!

Blimey.... does the wife really mean TDT or is she thinking of TFT?
1). If TFT then an LCD TV is a TFT (Thin Film Transistor - not Thin Flat Thingy...lol).
2). If she really means TDT.... which is confusing as its proper name is DVB-T but I guess the Spanish have called it TDT - its called Freeview in the UK... then the LCD's will need to have a Spanish receiver in them. A British DVB-T receiver will not properly pick up Spanish digital transmissions.

All clear as mud? Find out what the real question is and also let me know Make and Model number of the LCD's. I can confirm then.. for sure.... what they can and cannot receive...

Of course TDT .... or DVB-T ..

in other words will able to watch "tv3 cat" tve 1 tve 2..

without the need to buy a tdt dvb-t "decoder" for want of a better word...

and I thought freeview refered to "freeview satellite channels"

do they come with a p.l.u.g

I'm withdrawing the offer. If they DON'T work with TDT, then they are worthless, apparently. If they DO, then they are too cheap.

Your ridiculous you never seem to amaze me if they work as you thought then they are worth the original price you asked and if they dont work then they are worth less whatever the adapter costs which is about 30 to 40 euros . Where is your logic ?

Sage
joe

Well, they were all bought in Spain, so I figure they will work, b
ut still not sure.

4 out of my 5 tvs stopped working at home a few days ago (the older ones ) the newer one only works when i press the button to go to digital

Just to clarify... in the UK Freeview refers to the free channels that can be received via a terrestial aerial... known technically as DVB-T or Digital Video Broadcasting - Terrestial.
Freesat refers to the free channels that can be received via a satellite dish, pointing at Astra commonly known as the 'Sky' satellite at 28.2E, using DVB-S or Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite. Astra also sends down Pay for View encrypted signals.
A UK Freeview system (or TV) will not properly work in Spain. A Freesat system (or TV) will work in most of Spain with the appropriate sized dish.
The two systems are NOT interchangeable but get bundled together in chit chat hence the confusion

joe
Your ridiculous you never seem to amaze me if they work as you thought then they are worth the original price you asked and if they dont work then they are worth less whatever the adapter costs which is about 30 to 40 euros . Where is your logic ?

You want to buy them?

no way you can get a brand new 32 inch flat screen lcd tdt vd tv for 300 euros with guarantee

So mind your own business, and keep your personal insults to yourself.
To those of you who Might have been interested: I don't have an arial at our house, because we barely get a signal;but I tried with just a long wire, and I got the screen saying 'this programme is no longer broadcasting on this channel. Please consult your dealer/digital supplier'. So it appears they DON'T work as a normal TV. However, they do work perfectly as a PC monitor, or with a Sky decoder or digital terrestial set-top adapter.
Never having watched Spanish TV because, as already mentioned, we don't have a suitable usable signal here; hence I was unaware of this problem. Apologies for wasting your time.
And thanks for your, as usual, invaluable advice AV Kid

Well said Nick

Hi,

I just wanted to inform myself of what was being sold.
Reasonable I think!

I was interested or else would not have pursued the matter.

I think your offer is more than fair, but I need tdt for where I'm putting it..

Good Luck I'm sure someone will want them.

THANKS TO AV FOR ALL THE INFO...

Lost,

Just as a guideline.... a used 19 inch digital/analogue LCD TV in good condition will sell in England for between £60 and £100 depending upon make.

Thats between £180 and £300 for three of them... so Sage's valuation of 200 euros is reasonable. Comparing 3 small LCD TV's to a 32 inch LCD is not like with like.

The UK supermarkets have now jumped on Flat Panel TV bandwagon. If you are are prepared to put up with an unknown branded product like Teknika, Logic, etc then you can pick up a new 32 inch LCD with 12 months warranty for less than £250.... BUT you will notice the difference between these models and the likes of Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, etc. Whilst you may put up with a slightly less vibrant picture the big difference is with the speed of the microprocessors controlling the picture. Changing channels will be slow and fast moving action like soccer will seem to stutter/lag on the screen.

Also they will only be HD ready (720p) and not full HD (1080p).

I personally would spend the extra £50 to £100 for a Samsung or equivelent. Its going to last you at least 5 years... thats less than 50p a week difference! You gets what you pay for and if you have got a goggle eyed family I reckon thats money well spent

Lost
Hi,

I just wanted to inform myself of what was being sold.
Reasonable I think!

I was interested or else would not have pursued the matter.

I think your offer is more than fair, but I need tdt for where I'm putting it..

Good Luck I'm sure someone will want them.

THANKS TO AV FOR ALL THE INFO...

Lost,

Of COURSE you would,Lost. I am sorry if it seemed I was misleading you; certainly wasn't my intention. You conducted yourself, as usual, in a decent and fair manner, as I hope I did.
So, we now have 3 flatscreen LCD monitors, in effect. I paid in total for them, new, nearly 1000 euros. I can't guarantee them, but they all work perfectly with my Sky receiver tonight. I still think, as AV Kid has pointed out, that the prices I quoted are fair, and so they are still available to anybody who would like them. I really don't mind keeping them, because I will always have a spare, if one goes wrong.
Thanks AV Kid, Lost and Kay.

you didn't mislead me in the slightest....

as I said Good Luck.....

Lost..

Lost
you didn't mislead me in the slightest....

as I said Good Luck.....

Lost..

And thanks for the free 'bump'

Another bump Still available!priced to sell now at 150 euros the three

Why not try e- bay thats a well known site for selling second hand goods , this one is about salou.

Fortunately, these TV's don't suffer from interference and spurious signals. Shame this thread isn't the same

Will you take an offer ? What sort of TVS are they ? And what do they work with ?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm going to keep them as spares.