Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
moving

hi im moving house to vilafortuny need some 1 to reset my sky ty

Re: moving

It is very easy, providing you have direct sight of the satellites. If you do, then turn the TV on,take the Sky handset, select 'services', then 'set up', then 'signal strength'. Point the satellite dish roughly in the right direction, and rotate the dish from side to side, slowly. When you are near to the correct position the signal strength band will move from left to right. When you have found that position, then tune in to a channel, and move the dish slowly up and down until you see a picture. You can then go back to the 'set up' page, and fine tune the dish to get the best strength position. The dish should be almst vertical, and pointing almost directly out to sea, at an angle of about 20 degrees to the left. I have set up quite a few in my time, and always found the satellites within 10 minutes of gradual adjustment.
You might even have somebody else's dish nearby to copy...providing it is on an English person's house
If that fails...you'd better call a satellite fitter

Re: moving

Check this website out for finding out where to point your dish. Sky is broadcast from Astra at 28.2

http://www.dishpointer.com/

If you don't want to go down the DIY route post back your email and I will send you details