Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
best way from girona airport

hi im coming out for fiesta and as there are no northern flights to reus am having to go to Girona any idea if there is a direct bus train or do i have to go via barcelona thanks

Re: best way from girona airport

Hi Rik, I'm afraid there's nothing direct to Salou or Tarragona from Girona. When you come out of the main door of the airport turn right and you will see the bus stop. You can buy a ticket from the ticket booth there. I think it's 12€ single or 22€ return. The buses are timed to work in with the Ryanair flights so you shouldn't have a long wait.You want the Barcelona Bus which takes you to Estació del Nord. The journey to Barcelona Estació del Nord takes 1 hour 10mins.
Ok I've got you into Barcelona now I'm hoping someone will get you from the bus station to the train station!Here's my suggestion but someone might know an easier way for example if there's a bus from the station to Tarragona or Salou.
You could take a taxi to the train station in Paseo de Gracia and from there take the train to Salou: 13.05€ single or alternatively, catch the metro at Arc de Triomf tube station( it's just outside the bus station) to either Paseo de Gracia or Sants train station and from there continue your journey to Salou(I hour 20mins on the train)
A lot will depend on the time your plane gets in as the last trin from Barcelona to Salou is at 9pm.
Hope I haven't confused you or put you off. It isn't as bad as it sounds - promise. If you have any other questions about the journey I'll do my best to give you a hand

hi do u know what time the bus stops from barcelona airport to salou?

this site may offer you some good guidelines. Good luck. it is not a good journey to have to undertake late in the evening..not from any danger aspect, but just very difficult to arrange.
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/transfer-barcelona-salou.html

Hi, we had a hire car when we went via Gerona and found the drive easy, taking around two hours to Salou. We thought Gerona airport much better than Reus but sadly Ryanair no longer flies there from our local airport (Newquay).
Hope you have a great time!

thanks all, i know barcelona well just wasn't sure if there was a direct link to salou. im not in any rush so if miss last train might stay night on the ramblas at least i will be able to get a KFC (licking lips)

Girona to salou on public transport is a right perlarva!
Get a quote for a nice posh VIP private car/minibus with super friendly British driver for less than you think and save yourself the hassle! www.touchdowntours.co.uk.
From Touchdown To Downtown!!