Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pups

hi is there any puppy pounds or pet shops which sell toy dogs around salou?

Re: pups

There is two that I know about.
One at the end of Via Roma next to the roundabout and the other one is at the square next to the mossos de scuadra (Local police)that was the old town hall building.

john
hi is there any puppy pounds or pet shops which sell toy dogs around salou?

best bet is to visit a Vetinary Surgery. They usually have puppies to give away or sell, and frequently the vet wil have knowledge of the dogs and puppies, and be able to advise you of their history.
Please don't BUY a puppy, when there are so many lovely puppies who need a home, and will otherwise be put down.Most businesses treat their puppies with the minimum attention, to ensure a profit margin. NOT all...but the prices are therefore correspondingly exhorbitant. Also don't forget it is the Law that your puppy is chipped, and has all its innoculations.

thats great thanks for your help guys i have no prob rescuin a pup thats how i got my little yorkie in uk, but one more thing its a chihuahua (short haired) im after would yous have any idea if the vet or pound would have them? if so and you have to pay how much round do they cost round salou?

Of course,if you have a particular breed in mind, then it might be more difficult to get that specific breed, other than buying from a breeder, which is inherently more expensive. I have seen Yorkies and Chihuahuas in pet stores in the Concourse outside the shopping Malls, and they are not cheap. I have seen some of indeterminate breed pedigree, which resemble those breeds,at reasonable prices, but the pedigree ones cost about the same as in the UK, I guess.
Can I give you my opinion? Buying pedigree puppies is a very risky business. Inbreeding can cause them to suffer more illnesses and susceptibilities to getting ill than a good, healthy 'mongrel' And of course, if you DO own a pedigree, you will get charged more for their care. Stands to reason really! The vets will see an expensive dog, assume you have loadsa money, and slap a higher bill in as a result. Ability to pay is more relevant to the cost,than just wanting your old 'mutt' treated!.
Toy dogs are fetching better prices, because demand is high. People are reluctant to go for long walks 3 times a day, (many live in apartment blocks here in Salou), and think they will avoid that by having a 'house dog' of diminutive stature...but they need just as much excercise as a large dog.
I have to say this though. Over the 18 years that I have had dogs for pets, the standard of vetinary surgeries is very very good. They care very much for our pets, and they will do everything within their power, and the depth of your pockets, to help responsible owners. Thanks to the TV animal programmes coming fom the USA, where prices are astronomical, that influence, and also the advance of technology and treatments, has lead to prices here following suit. All in all it can be an expensive thing owning a pet nowadays . I feel they are worth every penny, myself!
Taking a dog back to the UK,should you wish to return there, can also be a task in itself. They have to have their innoculations up to date, and a test prior to them leaving is only valid for a very short window of time, and has to be meticulously planned.
Again,only a personal opinion of course, but I would recommend getting a nice small healthy terrier of indeterminate breed, ( of which there are plenty )rather than lashing out a pile of money on something that will, inevitably, cost you a lot more in the future years. Again, just my opinion, from personal experience.
Good luck with your project! I will be visiting the shopping Mall today or tomorrow, and will have a look at current prices for miniatures in the pet stores, and post the results here.

really is there no set price like it is here for the vets? yeah i know its very hard to get them back here again but when you love them you dont mind lol. thank you its wile nice of you to check the prices for me thank you i do like other dogs but i just have this thing for chihuahua and yorkie dogs they are just like babys lol mine here just loves cuddles lol.

Last time I visited Carrefour on the Autovia de Reus they had both Yorkies and Chihuahua's for sale in their puppy section.
No too sure about prices though but maybe worth a visit

Well, hold on to yer hat!! As promised, I went to Carrefour Tarragona this evening, and checked the puppies there. I took a short video of some of the pups for sale. Now..the miniature yorkies are..... Drumroll please ..from 750€-1150€!! Wow crazy prices. But the pups are all certified pedigree, chipped and innoculated. Even so that seems extortionate!! They didn't have any Chihuahuas in, but there were :
normal Yorkie (seen in the video when it has uploaded ), and it didn't look too clever to me at all..I wouldn't risk it, not even for 50€ :
a couple of ****zu's (in the video too), and some cute jack russell's which seemed very full of life and healthy (first pups in the video).
I would seriously look around the vets surgeries (I will ask at the two I use, who are EXCELLENT ) to see what the general availability of pups is, and how much they go for. I will post the link to the video as soon as it is processed by youtube...the site is down at the moment, so keep checking back
What ever you do, don't be tempted to buy one at the Bona Vista Sunday morning market..they are unknown quantities, and are, as a rule, very badly tended. Of course, you could always rescue one..but it might end up in heartbreak, and a bigger bill than buying a pedigree from a dealer
Here ya go!

Good on you Sage for having a look....

Just for guidance...

Yorkies in UK..... £350 to £700
Chi's............. £150 to £600

HHmmmmmmmm....

Thanks AV Kid
Just nice to be able to help, and write a factual post without some pillock moaning about me writing a novel

thats great thanks sage and av kid 2. yous were fab help really appreciate it the more info the better lol thanks again

You are welcome
I will be visiting my vet soon with my friend's dog we are minding, so I will make some enquiries there. Living in a village, you can find that the 'greed' factor doesn't spread out to here, so if there are any puppies of the breeds you mention that have been available recently, I might find some more information on prices etc for you. Stay tuned!

ok thank you

i have found quite a few Yorkshires and chihuahuas on ebay Anuncios, a free site for listing almost anything! they range from 150-700€. Don't know if you are still interested or not?

sorry the appartment we are takin does not allow dogs but thank you for your help tho