Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salou 2010?

Salou. 2010. What is in store? This site is a wonderful opportunity to project plans and reveal new projects to entice those who come here for enlightenment about what Salou is all about, and how it is changing...adapting to new situations caused by the financial difficulties everybody has been experiencing, both here in Salou, and back home in the UK.
Who has closed down, and who has survived? How are we going to combat the problem of 'All-inclusive' strategies being adopted more and more by the Hotels here?
Touchdown Tours, probably one of the most recent and innovative businesses set up in the last few years is up for grabs. Rob has changed horses at the end of the season, and taken over a different type of venture. Good luck to him, and I hope it flourishes. But that other business has potential. Surprised there have been nearly 200 hits on it, yet not one single question.Perhaps there is more activity going on behind the scenes. Hope so; would be sad to see it go begging.
So what alternatives are available for Bars and restaurants to exploit? Instead of duplicating the Hotels, who are often better- financed to win a war financially, but usually lack the flair,experience and plain old good understanding of how the British tourist ticks, let's lead the way with fresh innovative ideas.
And NOT just the Tourists that regularly provide the (thankfully) steady income with their holiday money. How about all the ones who have NEVER ever considered Salou as a holiday destination? ADD them to the steady regulars.Everybody who picks up a holiday brochure in the UK will probably know almost everything about what the HOTELS provide, but how many, who have never been here before, will actually understand what Salou is, and COULD be, about? Everybody appreciates that Spanish Holiday Towns provide sand, sea ,and sunshine. Hotels to stay in, shops to buy presents and souvenirs. But what is there about Salou that provides something DIFFERENT; above and beyond the 'norm'. Something which would open our destination up to NEW customers. OK, we are limited up to a point by the Local Town Council. AND finances. But why can't we get together, to show them that the ridiculous limitations they pile upon us each and every year are hurting THEM as well as us. Probably to the extent of killing off Salou...the Town which became synonymous with British people coming to Spain for their holidays. The REAL alternative to Benidorm. Instead of copying Benidorm, and their 'typical' ideas, and Bars and names, why don't we look for a fresh face to put on Salou? The Town we have grown to love?. Give it a shot in the arm. Make Salou the place that OTHER Towns on Mainland Spain fall over themselves to copy.
So. Here is the opportunity for Salou businessmen, and the regular Salou visitors to think, dream even, and come up with some brilliant ideas. I am sure there are some bright minds out there in Salou AND the UK who could contribute some fresh, and feasible ideas.
The canvas is blank here. I have put the pencils and pens and brushes beside the canvas. Let's see who will pick them up and do some interesting doodles on this page. Share, don't squabble and copy. Time to find a fresher, and more broad theme than Irish Pubs. The Irish are very smart, and would be just as interested in frequenting venues which aren't just 'aimed' at the 'Majority' of visitors, providing they are fun, entertaining and a pleasure for ALL to visit. A perfect example of something 'fresh' and fun and entertaining sadly fell by the wayside last year. The 'Medieval theme night' was a very good idea, and had it been supported more enthusiastically , it could have become an interesting, fresh diversion. I hope Bryan perseveres with it, and gets the support he deserves,
Start doodling!!

Re: Salou 2010?

A mobile burger van

many years ago i had an idea for a business but i needed fanancial backing, i shared the idea with a potential business partner but the venture did not come to life until a few years ago, the other person moved out of the uk and opened the business alone, similar concept but with a few tweaks and within a short period of time he has become a millionaire, i however am left in the cold and waiting for another idea to surface, hence i would NEVER give any ideas to anyone again in business

Big Mac
A mobile burger van

I think that has been broached before with the Town Hall, but health and safety (in other words greased palms ) put a block on it. Shame really..could work!! Pie and mash, green licquor,mmmmmmm!! Big juicy burgers like you could get on Seven Sisters road all night..20 different relishes! Now I'm feeling hungry
very quiet in here...is everybody just going to hope the Wold Cup is going to get the Bars busy? How long does it last? 4 weeks, six maybe? Hmmm. I think somebody would make a killing by NOT having the World Cup on..a football-free zone

SAge sorry but your ravin mad a mobile burger van to make the difference between salou and other resorts you coudnt make it up lol you nutter.

i think a mobile burger vans a gr8 idea( best idea ive heard in a long time ) it would bring so many people to salou , they would go back home tell all their friends and 2011 would b a booming season all because of the burger van, wheel it on i say ! onions an all.

local
SAge sorry but your ravin mad a mobile burger van to make the difference between salou and other resorts you coudnt make it up lol you nutter.

You obviously weren't round in 1988, when Crocs had a kebab counter just inside the entrance, and The Duke of Wellington had a chicken and chips stall on the terrace. You wouldn't believe how much they took after 11:00pm every night. Anyway, it WASN'T my suggestion, if you bother to read ..I just qualified the idea from EXPERIENCE.
Thanks for your prolific list of ideas...maybe we can discuss them too? Oh...no...sorry...you didn't bother to post any
Another Salou armchair critic

I have got an excellent idea for a business in salou that would make a fortune with a relatively small investment . I'm not telling you lot about it tho

its not a mobile burger van with a topless bird behind the jump is it.

dum dum
its not a mobile burger van with a topless bird behind the jump is it.

Somehow doubt she would be frying many bacon butties

There is nothing wrong with salou it offers everything for young people , familys and older folk. 2007 was the busiest season possibly ever , 2008 the crisis and exchange rate started to kick in , and we all know about 2009. Everyone has different tastes so salou is not everyones cup of tea, but millions love it .The resort and businesses always strive to improve , but there are no major problems just the lousy exchange rate forcing people away from the eurozone to turkey etc and the fact that we are in the worst crisis since 1930.So lets keep it real as soon as things settle down we will be back to normal.