Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
searching for my biological father

Hello to everyone in the Salou community, this is a rather starnge post but i do hope that someone can point me in the right direction?
i recently lost my mother in an accident and have been trying to track a man down who i believe to be my father. He would have worked in the salou area some 29 years ago (summer of 79/80). Based on what my mother has told me and on some old holiday photos and letters i have managed to dig out i now know that he was a small chap of medium build, very broad accent (scottish) and he may have ran or owned a bar by the name of grey or black bull. The letters were signed John but i don't have a sir name. So far as i can gather, he and my mother had a summer romance all those years ago and it had been something she had tried to keep quiet from myself but having looked through personal belongings of my mothers in our family home i appear to have uncovered a real little mystery..........any help would be greatly appreciated, my mothers married name was Margaret McBride but at the time she would have been Margaret Patterson.
Thank you for your time

Re: searching for my biological father

If this is not a wind up post your email as i dont think people should answer something as private as this publicly as much as i understand you wanting to find your real dad.Do you have holiday snaps of your father.

To Dammien alias Triple Six,how big is your wooden spoon o the Mods. this post is appalling and should be taken off.It's totally unacceptable.

if this post is genuine what is appalling is the reply of local bar owner,i would totally understand if anybody should be looking for a member of their family.
damien is unfairly being treated with contempt for asking a question that thousands of people all over the world would be asking, although i do agree that an e-mail address should have been posted to keep replys private

Agree with your comment K.W. but why put it on this forum and be so indiscreet about it .

I suppose the guy had to start somewhere 30 years is along time but obviously if its not a wind up nobody should answer his question publicly on here if he is genuine he needs to leave another form of contact.

thanks local i totally agree

LOCAL BAR OWNER
Agree with your comment K.W. but why put it on this forum and be so indiscreet about it .

His indiscretion pales to nothing in comparison to that of his parents.IF it IS genuine. Do we hear some guilty consciences echoing around Salou? I bet there are more than one or two.

Hi mate , seems people arent trying to help you and just airing pointless opinions . Well the only thing i can say is that the bar is called the black bull and it is still there . It is on the end of a street called calle zaragozza near the fountain more or less central salou. If you havet got anything to go on , well its a really long shot but its a place to start , good luck
you might get lucky and he could be an old school salou guy still living in town . get out here and start investigating !