Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
budget travel

what does this mean for salou .

Re: budget travel

Probably not too much in general as they did not have many flights in 2009 and towards the end were not bringing in many people. The most affected will be hotels that had garanteed allotments that were filled by Budget.
I have also heard that budget has been bought out by another company...

Thats good news robbie if thet have been bought out the irish are good spenders and salou needs them budget bought alot but by mid sept they had all gone.

No news of a buy out in any of the irish news papers or on Budgets web site. In vilafortuny 80% of our trade is from Budget Travel so this is very bad news for us, could even be fatel. They are the biggest Travel company in Ireland and based on bookings so far they were up.

Very sad news that Budget's 35 years of existence have come to end. It was a fabulous company to work for, and staff were really valued.
For those wondering.... we brought just shy of 1000 pax weekly during 2009 to Salou & Cambrils, and yes, as comments have said, Irish tourists tended to have more spending power...

As yet there are no confirmed news articles of any takeover, just rumours..however i would like to hope without any disrespect to others that they don't get swallowed up by the "big 2" as the tour operator was great as it was, allowing us staff to service our guests accordingly.

As yet it is early days, but i would have thought if anyone is going to "take over" any bedding/flight routes etc. they will need to have something set up by January lates to coincide with the 1st stream of early bookers for summer....only time will tell, but with a lack of operators in Ireland, one would have thought (or should i say hoped) that someone is already putting some wheels in motion - Irish families tend to prefer package holidays as opposed to booking seperate elements of flight, transfer, and accommodation...