Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wot bars open through winter? help please.

me and a few friends will be coming over on a fortnightly basis throughout the winter months... just wondered wot bars would be open where we could get a good meal and a drink and watch a bit of football?? very grateful for any advise. there would be around a dozen of us. many thanks

Re: wot bars open through winter? help please.

hi not to sure how many will be open,as ryanair have stopped nearly all salou flights,i was there last week and shanklys is staying open,good place for all football.don't know where you are staying,but i stay in the sol costa durada great food good hotel very reasonable off peak try alpharooms.com if you want to book, gutted i can not get there off peak this year.

What have ryanair got to do with it. Most of the bars closed down for the winter anyway even before ryanair started flying here.

Yes, "most" of them do. However, some do stay open during the winter, some of those just on a weekend. However, I think what Billy means is that now Ryanair have very few flights into Reus during the winter, any that might have opened even for limited hours over the winter will probably not bother at all. The recession has probably added to the problem. Good luck, and thank you, to those who keep their doors open for any visitors between summer seasons.

to number 6 off course ryan air has alot to do with it they bought alot more trade to salou in the winter and more places opened because of this.

not being funny guys but i woz only asking wot bars would be open if any for me and my mates to use. i didnt intend to set off a big argument.... so if anybody knows of any bars that are open it would be much appreciated.... many thanks

Don't worry about it. It tends to kick off once the season's finished and there's nothing else to do. It's a winter sport in Salou !

Shanklys footy,rio grande sport,pool, poker, victoria sing dance and be merry. ,also the guiness tavern cosy little restaurant opening friday and saturday nights this winter all these bars are within 200 m of burger king the centre of salou tourist area.

thanks kay that is exactly what i meant

actually I wasn't trying to start an argument at all I was more or less stating a fact, The numbers that ryanair have brought here over the winter have been virtually none existant, with the exception of the dublin flights,and they were poor enough, the pubs mentioned as staying open are the same pubs that stay open all the time even before ryanair and fair play to them.