Comment
Sad news in Salou.

Two young people drown in Salou.
Click on the link, to follow the BBC news
Go to BBC news

Re: Sad news in Salou.

so very sad.may their god take care of them

God be with the girl's parents. They lost another daughter at Dunblane!

this is very sad news, it should never have happened and i feel very sorry for the families,young people will never learn from this though, it pains me to say it will happen again maybe in another resort or country even, why do people go swimming late at night or early morning especially in rough waters or in bad weather conditions,according to the bbc report it had been raining most of the night at the time of the incident,unfortunatly common sense does not prevail in some cases

This is a bad tragedy. It wiorries me as I have been in the sea at Capellans beach in a big wave and the undertow can be very strong. I witnessed a death a few years ago when a Spanish man who was a bit drunk got into difficulties and drowned at Capellans beach. I think more needs to be done to educate beach users about these hidden dangers

There are no hidden dangers its just common sense if the sea is to rough the red flags go up and you dont go in but we cant have life guards on a beach all through the night stopping drunks going for a swim at 2am when its blowing a gale at sea.Maybe all inclusive hotels should be banned to stop people abusing alcohol.
Also it wasnt capellans beach it was in cap salou near the molinas park.