Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mugging Outside Camping La Union

I took my 81 year old mother for a short break in Salou and after a night out were crossing the zebra crossing outside Camping La Union when a Young Moroccan appeared and began hastling us - we hugged each other to guard our gabs but he grabbed my mums gold chain and ran to a car parked opposite Fordies - this waS 1.00 in the morning and otherwise quiet - just to warn everyone yo beware and dont wear any valuable jewellery which might make you a target

Re: Mugging Outside Camping La Union

how sad to read this , must have been awful , lets hope they sort it out , woud hate them to ruin a lovely place

absolutely as the rest of the stay was fabulous - shame this spoilt it !!!

am so sorry to hear what happened srv,i hope it hasnt put you off going to salou.and i hope your party were all ok after the fright of the crime.i am only back from a trip and from what i hear the (coloured guys)are having a free for all,taxi drivers and bus drivers have all been hit bad by them

Let´s start again.
Some of the post were deleted.
I think it is a serious matter and should be deal without any need to get nasty.

Thank you!

Must say the police have been brilliant since we reported this - we received a phone call two days after returning home saying the police has caught somone and asked us to come in to identify photos - as we were back home this could not happen - hope this does not deter arrest so no one else will be attacked - my mum is ok now apart from bruising and shock but could have been a lot worse. Thanks for all your support.

whilst returning to the camp 2 nights later i happened up on a gentelman from north africa it was around 2 am aswell and he seemed a bit dodgey outside the gates i unfortunatly did not wait to see if he was guenuiny waiting for some one but with the track record around there hit first then questioned later the pokice arrived rather quickly but as no one could tell if he was your attacker they let him go any way it might just serve as a deterrant for them to hang around there