Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another blow for the business in Catalonia.

Catalonia bans' happy hours' and '2 x1 'in bars and nightclubs.

Establishments not applying the 2x1 ban will face fines of more than 6,000 euros. It also provides for minor offenses (up to 3,000 euro fine), severe (up to 60,000 euros) and very severe (up to 600,000 euros). In the most serious offenses, it could also release the temporary closure of the business.

My comment:
would this law will be applied to the “all inclusive hotels?”

Think about it.

Re: Another blow for the business in Catalonia.

This wouldn't be anything to do with the Catalan bar owners,would it? They haven't a clue how to compete and at the same time help hard pressed holidaymakers,so thy just remove the competition! Bit like the taxi drivers,really! What next,ban British,Dutch and Irish owned bars and restaurants?

No, it is general,

This photo (from Diari de Tarragona)it shows the sign in catalan.

Photobucket

I think the aim is to try to get teenage drinking under control. It's beginning to be a big problem here like the UK (wonder where they got the idea from in the first place!!!). A lot of parents and police are very worried about the situation and have been talking about banning happy hours and 2 x 1 for a long time.

Yes, I agreed but if they make this law, it should be for everyone. Why the all inclusive hotels are not mentioned, they give free drinks all day 24 hours.

Can anyone tell me if I´m wrong.

Anyone who is a regular reader of this forum knows how I feel about happy-hours. And in some of my more recent post I have tried to explain that "all-inclusives" are the last nail in our (read small local businesses) coffin.
The "all-inclusive" comes from areas where you will find nothing else apart from the hotel, so they have to do an all-inclusive. (mostly in the Caribbean)
Salou has a lot to offer, and don't need all-inclusives.
And for the prices they have charged this year, you will only get complaints, because the quality is beneath standards (you get what you paid for!!)
I don't think a ban on happy hours will have a negative effect on trade, because nobody is allowed to do it. Maybe we can go back to doing business in a normal way, compete with quality and service instead of serving crap booze for cheap prices.

It makes no difference whatsoever you just charge less for drinks during certain times,or all night.

I agree with Tom,it won't make any difference at all.Just give drinks at cheaper prices.

You have to get the people in the bars first... a bit more promotional out of the box thinking needed, as judging from last seasons complaints on how quiet business has been its no use having happy hours and 2 for 1 drinks or cheaper drinks if there is nobody there to drink them.

Getting people into my bar isn't a problem,it's keeping them.Why Because they all go in search of Bingo.This is ILLEGAL but the very businesses which provide it are bursting at the seams.This should definitely be stopped

Just another one one to add the list of laws which lots of bars will cheerfully ignore next year.I"ll be a right lawbreaker!
Do you think I"ll get away with the old "I was only following orders" plea?
Perhaps I should just turn myself in now?
Its anarchy I tell you, people just have no regard for the law these days, they should bring back the birch!

JIM
Getting people into my bar isn't a problem,it's keeping them.Why Because they all go in search of Bingo.This is ILLEGAL but the very businesses which provide it are bursting at the seams.This should definitely be stopped

Which is your Bar Jim? I can't say that i have ever left a bar in search of Bingo, i'm not condoning the law breaking but surly Bingo is an older generation game.

JIM

As is Sky Sports, Sky etc etc..and yet you continue to show it.
Pot-Kettle. Kettle-Pot. Hypocrite.