Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
where has chill out gone????

hi wondered if anyone could help me. i went to salou earlier this year had a great time. when i returned this last week the chill out bar had dissapeared. can anyone explain this???

Re: where has chill out gone????

like more than a few businesses, they had a quiet season, and unfortunately they had to close mid season

Re: where has chill out gone????

This is the place next to Linda's Bar off Plaza Europa, yeah? We were talking to Linda about 4 weeks back & its definitely the quiet season that encouraged Chill Out to shut up shop. Linda's is probably still open just now, but the season draws to its natural close. The encouraging thing about Salou is that even over the winter, theer are still some good watering holes open for the die-hard ex pats and visitors. I hope that all Salou traders have survived 2009 relatively unscathed after the big drop in visitors from the UK. Of course, many who would normally go abroad for their annual hols took notice of the press hulabaloo about the credit crunch, added to the Met Office forecast of a 'Barbecue Summer' in the UK, and stayed at home for the big break. I'm guessing that those families who changed their habit of a lifetime and did actually vacation in the UK won't be doing that for another few years after the dodgy summer we had at home. I'm thinking that 2010 will be a bumper season in Salou (book your seats on the bar terraces of Costa Dorada for the World Cup!!)and that 2009 will just be a bad dream that occasionally wakes you up in a sweat! See y'all next year......hopefully late March again for the first of the cheeky breaks.