Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
salou next year yes or no

hi i was planning to book next years hols in salou or la pineda but reading a few reviews this year has me thinking twice. has salou gone downhill or not. i have been before and like the area but has it become tacky as some would suggest.

Re: salou next year yes or no

Salou has always had its tacky shops particulary down the bottom end of the Carles Buigas. If anything they are now being controlled more by the council and personally I do not see anything wrong with the odd mooch around a tacky shop.
Why are people featuring upon such a small part of what Salou and the surrounding area has to offer? There is Salou Old Town... no 'tackiness' there, Cambrils... some might say the posh part of the area, La Pineda... still the same after many years, Cap Salou... hilly but quaint. Torredembarra and Altafulla... fantastic little resorts not seen by many tourists who only see their hotel room, the beach and the local bar.
The list is almost endless... so I would give it the YES vote. You are bound to get the odd person who gets a bad deal somewhere, if you go to St Tropez you will get bad deal everywhere, so give it another try

i have taken the kids to blackpool before very good holiday but do prefer the weather in salou. went to tenerife this year and must admit salou was the better resort i have stayed in salou cambrils and la pineda in the last 5 years so i have seen a variety of the area so maybe i will stick to what i know best and go for it.

In camparison to some places Salou is a haven, you could always take the children for an evening stroll along the prom at Blackpool (if you dare) and have them subjected to vile language and drunken running brawls all night long.
I think a few tatty shops is a much better choice as for safety and everything else then maybe the Police report for Salou might put your mind at ease.

Why has this thread been edited by the moderator?

Try the other end of the area.Cambrils is a fabulous little place and is far more protected from the Looky Men and Asians(whether in shops or selling fakes on the street corners). A gentile resort with a a lovely port where you can see fish being landed at 4-00 pm and a great historic,quaint old town.Not many Brit and Dutch yobs there at the height of the season either!. It is only 15 mins by bus to Salou and 20 mins to Port Av. There is a station for trips to Barcelona as well!Beaches are brilliant but the only "downside" is there aren't any Brit style pubs and restaurants there! Vilafortuny,a suburb of Cambrils,midway between Salou and Cambrils is a nice little place with a great beach and Spanish,British and Irish pubs and restaurants and entertainment! Three brill campsites there as well!

The moderator is checking everything that goes through so you only get to see what he wants you to see and so therefore you arent getting a true opinion from people.I think unfortunately that salou is on its last legs. It is a shame as it is a lovely place but tenerife went through the same a few years back.Lets see how much of this is edited

The AV Kid
Why has this thread been edited by the moderator?

It was only a word (linked to a area outside this forum) and the reason why it was taken out was that it was placed between the message wihtout given any explanation.

If anyone would like to place a link to another website or forum, please do, but remember to estate clearly where the link is going to take them.

We only delete or edit messages when it is absolutly neccesary.

The moderator took out a comment from Colyboy which said that he would give Salou another chance next year. What was wrong with that?

Every resort or country for that matter goes through tough times. The problem is that currently people are looking inward rather than outward. I honestly think they are looking to blame themselves rather than accept the fact that people are being extremely careful with their money. The feedback I get from the vast majority of people who have gone on holiday this year broadly falls into two categories : -

1). Those who went on their holidays in the UK and wished they had either stopped at home or gone abroad.
2). Those who did go abroad not just to mainland Spain but far and wide across Europe and other continents. They continued to have a good time, did not regret their decision but did notice how quiet it was even in July and August.

Salou like all the other main resorts is going through hard times but on 'its last legs' I think not

Thanks AV Kid.

Actually the post eddited was from "Curious"

It was nothing wrong with the link itself, the problem was that it was placed inside the message without any explanation where it would take you.

If you place a link, please make shure that there is a explanation stating where is going to take you.

People should know where they are clicking to.

I think I remember it.... it was highlighted..... but there was another post from Colyboy which disapeared.

Nothing controversial about it... in fact he said he had made up his mind and was coming to Salou/Pineda after all. Maybe he deleted himself?

l did not delete any of my post and i dont think the mod did either. the only thing i see is that i replied to the curious post but mine is above his.anyway if i go next year then salou it is.i would like to know the names of the campsites in cambrils that curious was on about other than cambrils park. thanks

yes you know it makes sense

Hi Colyboy,
there are a few camping sites in cambrils, i know of only two-- cambrils park and playa cambrils camping site, i hope this will be helpful to you

collyboy, i have just remembered other camp sites one is called - camping la corona but the most popular one seems to be one called sanguli camp site

thanks keith i have stayed in both cambrils park and sanguli but both parks and tour ops have increased prices quite a bit. one week self catering £1500 then flights £950 from glasgow as a family of five expensive. in 2005 two weeks sc with canvas hols at cambrils park £950 which is a pity because both sites great for families but shall give the other campsite a look.

Salou gets the yes vote from me ive booked my 2010 holiday there already,going in july & staying in la pineda this time.ive stayed in salou & cap salou & had fab hols every time. Tacky ...never

hi catherine where in la pineda are you staying i am looking for good self catering accomadation

Hiya Colyboy im staying all inclusive this time at Estival Park.Have you stayed here..hope its ok.

hi i stayed at the golden donaire last time in la pineda but the estival does look very nice. la pineda is such a good place to stay. if the all inclusive gets to much check out gordons bar at the bottom end of town great food and a firm favourite with my fussy eating kids. have a great time