Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just back today and wont be back for a long time!

We were in Salou 2 years ago and had a great time. Just back this afternoon and what a week. In my opinion Salou is turning into Blackpool - Tacky! Just how many stalls does salou need that sell the same stuff and fake football tops? Men at every corner trying to sell you fake perfume. The owners of the stalls/shops haggaling the prices and when you are not interested they are still shouting at you down the street and the ones that have a good memory try it the following day. We also went to Danny Boys for lunch the first day which was packed as usual as the football was on. We sat outside and the food was bland and expensive. Salou will be off of my 'places to go to' for a long time. This was our 4th visit and what a change from the last 3.

Re: Just back today and wont be back for a long time!

That's very sad Polli. I don't think Salou has changed THAT much in 2 years, however you're right about the number of sports type bazaars. The Town Hall has also recognised this and stopped issuing licences for this type of business.

The dodgy perfume, CD, Sunglass vendors are also targeted for elimination but it's an uphill battle.

I have to say if Danny Boy was packed, then obviously some people were satisfied. All Salou businesses are aware that the pound has dropped in value and try to make our prices as attractive as possible but you must realise our costs, in Euros, are the same so the fall of the pound isn't really our fault.

Salou has suffered from a reduction in British and Irish tourists as well as Spanish due to the "crisis" however I think there is still a lot going for us as an all round resort. Believe me, we're trying to make it work for people like you.

it cant be that bad im going back in 2 weeks and this will be my 3rd time in 18 months
yes there is a problem with the lucky lucky men but as said before the authourities are dealing with them
as for the shop traders im afraid its much the same in most holiday places around the world and i personally agree with you they are a menace,all i do is walk past them and ignore them as i like to browse and buy without the hard sell tactics

its not so bad,the lucky luckys dont bother you if you just say no.i wouldnt call it tacky,a lot of the shops have the same stuff but you get tat anywhere.the bars and clubs are good and portaventura is the best place for any age so i hope you enjoy you hols and please make your own mind up.

Its 'Looky Looky' men isn't it??

haa haa yes or pests,they are lucky lucky to still be breathing after all the hassel they give people.sorry only joking

i suspect all that polli has said about happens to a greater or lesser degree in a lot of countries.
we went to portugal a few years ago and were hassled on the beach to buy goods, something we have not experienced in salou.

its like most things if you dont want it, just say no thanks and move on, they are normally civil enough and say have a good day.

we have noticed it increasing but it does spoil our holidays in salou, and we will be back next year.