Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car child seat legalities

whats the law in spain on kids in car seats is it like in the uk or is there no law
can anyone enlighten me please as im in salou in 3 weeks time and im hiring a car so need to know if i need to order booster seats etc
my kids are 5,7,8 yrs old

Re: car child seat legalities

Tony, for private cars or hire cars its obligatory for the use of booster seats and infant seats. The Mossos Catalan Police hae recently stung a few locals and tourists alike recently regarding correctly installed infant seats. Plus , regardless of your temporary local status in Costa Dorada (tourist or local) its an on the spot fine (105€) for driving without a seat belt in all seats. The passenger gets the fine , not the driver! if they are the one to abstain from clicking it on in the back!
For taxis and private hire taxis its completely different...a lisensed vehicle is NOT obliged to provide baby seats /infant seats etc. Most private hire firms will provide them when you book with them . For example www.touchdowntours.co.uk who are very nice people!!
Happy driving and good luck at Spanish roundabouts!

Rob

Re: car child seat legalities

thanks for that it seems i need at least 2 booster seats as my 8 yr old is over the height limitations
the hire company want 3 euros a day for each booster seat i require
so to my next question
does anyone know anywhere in salou that sells booster seats for less than 21 euros each?