Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do we need a change in Salou?

(extract from Diari de Tarragona)

The waters in FUPS (Ferran Units per Salou) seem to fall somewhat scrambled. Ferran has reappeared in public life making accusations against the current mayor, Pere Granados, and he basically decided not to answer on two grounds: prudence and respect for the founder of the party. Granados did not want to enter into 'wars' that believes that favor to others. Understands other reasons behind the occurrence of these words of Ferran. But what no one can still discern with certainty is what may happen next, as a target the municipal elections of 2011. Esteve Ferrer said his party wants to hurt you have to support other candidates in future elections. For its part, is cool Granados unexpected situation while the political life of the town is heated by the emergence of new parties. Without going any further, this evening officially presented per training Salou Salou.
Ferran and his supporters within FUPS Granados claim that has been dragging its feet for a possible meeting between the two. Former mayor wants to learn first-hand with chapter and verse points of agreement signed with CiU in the future. For its part, the sector has taken a position Granados-speaking majority "of other arguments to explain the attacks de Ferran on the current mayor. Anyway, the news has spread like wildfire in Salou and the public is perplexed.
Support Granados
Furthermore, on Wednesday held FUPS board in which mention was made in a statement to the downgrading of Ferran to Granados. The paper highlights two aspects: "We express the absolute unity and loyalty to the political project of FUPS, his actions of government and the figure of the current and future candidate for mayor, Pere Granados. We also express absolute unity around the policies and positions of political pacts of present and future FUPS, now question the president when it was actually a political line marked by him (referring to Ferran) and the party leadership with the intent of opening a new political scenario for the continued FUPS draft. In the note, FUPS seems to favor one of its heavyweights, the current mayor Pere Granados.

Re: Do we need a change in Salou?

I reckon,from what I read about the politicians who run Salou,that I could do a better job,with a few lieutenants. Would all you Brits,Irish and Dutch vote for me if I was to stand at the next election?
They have jobs for the boys? I could find a few jobs for the boys!
First appointment. John Nicol for Mayor!

First of all you need to tell us who you are so that we can vote for you and take it from there.As for jobs for the boys I'm all for it.

My name is Brown. Gordon Brown!
Seriously though,does anyone think that we could get some sort of foreign representation on the Council?
For goodness sake,it is only a big village,pop. about 25000.Can't take much to have our voices heard.After all,you foreign(Brit,Irish,Dutch,etc) earn a lot of money for the town,be you business owners or simply rates payers. Ethic minorities such as us seem to have no trouble in Britain getting onto Councils,there are no end of Pakistan mayors! Maybe there are laws here preventing it!

Foriegners can get on the council first you have to join a politcal party and be intrested in politics.I was invited to join one as the brit community is large there thinking was i could attract alot of votes but i refused its not my thing also i was aware that only about 1% of the british community vote and to try and persuade the rest would be immposible unless i offered a free food and drinking party ,woke them up and taxied them to the polling station.