Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ryanair

is it me or can anyone tell me how is ryanair saving us money.?Ryanair increases check-in bag allowance from 1 to 2 bags
from 1 October 2009

All bag charges to rise as fares fall 20%

Ryanair, the World’s favourite airline, today (4th Sept) announced a series of changes to its baggage policies and charges which will come into effect for all new bookings from 1st October 2009 onwards. These changes reflect the fact that Ryanair’s average fares have fallen by 20% this year, from €40 to €32 – resulting in Ryanair’s 67 million passengers saving over €530million p.a.

From 1st October Ryanair passengers may, if they wish, travel with 2 checked in bags (which can be paid for at the time of booking). Each bag will have a separate 15KG allowance which will allow passengers to travel with up to 30KG of checked in baggage – double the current allowance of 15KG.

Ryanair is also increasing its checked in baggage and excess baggage fees for travel from 1st October as part of the airlines programme to encourage passengers to travel with carry on luggage only. All passengers can avoid these optional checked in baggage fees by travelling with carry on baggage only.

Optional Charge On Internet At airport
1st Checked in bag 15KG £/€15 £/€30
2nd Checked in bag 15KG £/€35 £/€70
Sports Equipment £/€40 £/€50
Excess Bag fees (per kilo) N/A £/€20

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“Ryanair continues to reduce air fares – saving our passengers over €530m this year alone. In order to persuade passengers to travel with carry on bags only and to defray the cost of some of these fare reductions we are increasing baggage allowances and fees with effect from 1st October. These baggage fees are all avoidable by all passengers who choose to travel with carry on luggage only. Over 70% of Ryanair passengers will be totally unaffected by these changes as they already travel with just one carry on bag, which is free of charge.”

Re: ryanair

ok billy i travel from dublin to reus,liverpool,luton and prestwick.i find ryanair the cheapest by far but if you could tell me another airline thats better i would use them
thanks

Re: ryanair

I'm in Salou October for 2p return. Hand luggage only & Visa Electron.

I see your point though because if they didn't have this sale on I wouldn't be going, therefore Ryanair have cost me 2p I wouldn't have otherwise spent

Jim