Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car hire in salou

can anyone recommend a good reliable car hire company in salou that hires out a 6 seater car/mpv i need one for 7 days in october 19/10/09 to 26/10/09 i dont want the hassle of picking up and dropping off at the airport as im not having the hire car for my full holiday just for the middle part
thanks for looking
tony

Re: car hire in salou

We also had trouble finding cheap car hire in Salou itself, so we did pick up from the airport in the middle of our hols and dropped off when we went to pick up our flight. We used carjet and they were BY FAR the cheapest. Well worth the 5 euro direct bus to the airport.

hi thanks for that ill probably end up giving them a try
has anyone else got a review on carjet

Yep their grand, although Hertz work out cheaper for me. Bear in mind carjet do a full for empty policy on the fuel so you have to pay for a tankful when you get the car and leave it back as empty as you can so if you are not going to do a lot of driving it could end up dear enough although the upfront price looks considerably less, enjoy the hols Salou and it's surrounding areas are fantastic if you get the chance visit Monserrat. By the way you might also try Argus or cartrawler they throw up good prices

Try Goldcar I found them very cheap and they have no problem if you scratch or damage car. Not that I did. LOL..

With carjet we got a full refund on fuel for returning the car full, so overall they were very good value.
I have also used goldcar in the past with no probs.

well we booked with carjet in the end as we couldnt find anyone with a price anywere near theirs
i got a 7 seater for £243gb the next best for the exact same car was £368gb so you can guess which one i went with
im planning on using the car a lot so the fuel surcharge wont be a problem at all

another quick question
where do i get the bus to reus airport from in salou im stopping at the dorada palace hotel
also do you know what time i need to be getting the bus at to collect the car from the airport at 11.30am
if i remember correctly its around 10-15 minutes by coach to the airport