Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bean is back!!!

Well after all the worry I returned from Salou this week happy and relieved.
Salou itself lacks some character but it provides all you need for a fab holiday. The beach is beautifully well kept with tons of facilities. Kids play areas are scattered all along the seafront. The promenade is clean, well maintained and provides for a relaxing stroll day or night. We ventured down to the town twice at night and were well entertained with the numerous bars and shops. Its very family friendly and we felt safe at all times.
Portaventura provided most of our entertainment as we were staying there and I could not fault the theme park at all. We did have some issues with the hotel but would still go back in the future.
I am happy to have been proved wrong about Salou. Its not usually the sort of place that I would visit but now would recommend it to those wanting a hols with everything on your doorstep.
I loved Cambrils aswell but found our journeys up into the hills revealed little to write home about. Barcelona is an easy journey well worth taking.
I have almost enjoyed using the forum. I did get lots of helpful tips until the abuse started.
The Salou fans dont need to get so defensive as its a lovely holiday spot. Just let the resort speak for itself.

Re: Bean is back!!!

Thank you.

Re: Bean is back!!!

Hi Bean,i am glad to hear you had a good holiday in salou, welcome to salou supporters clan, i know what you mean about the abuse on the website though it does seem to get a bit heated at times but i am glad to see that it has not put you off, yes salou does seem to have everything on the doorstep that is why it is a great family resort and as you say not too far from the bright lights of barcelona ,lets hope i can get to salou next year, we could not go this year and i was absolutely gutted, still we have something to plan ahead for.