Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Laws regarding entertainment in bars!

Hi
we are toying with idea of opening a themed bar(as you do!) in salou maybe in a year or two! Can anyone out there give a little info regarding does and don't for entertainment i.e. music. cabaret, bingo etc that sort of thing?! What sort of venue. you hear of place that are not allowed to do anything so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Laws regarding entertainment in bars!

If you are opening a new business with entertainment etc. you will have to bring it up to present standards as required by the town hall before a new licence is given .Good Luck.

thanks for your reply! a bit more information would help! also how can for example somewhere like the funky monkey not do bingo but champions can have full blown entertainment i.e what determins what you can and can not have!?

Simple Bingo is not allowed anywhere unless you have a gambling licence,bars get away with it as they advetise "Housey Housey" and not "Bingo" the local cops dont know what that is. .

Thank again for your feedback although I am still none the wirer as to what determins what you can and can not do. for example what sort of licence etc would champions bar, lazy wave and Robin hood have that says they can have entertainment?

These people are chancing their luck until the Town hall blows the whistle on them.The same goes for people who are snackbars with no permit to fry who are operating on a snack bar licence.

Another simple answer, What is it you wish to provide? When you have your plan and property in choice you then talk with a gestor or straight to the town hall, they are the ones with the answers

To provide live entertainment officially you need a sala de fiesta or sala de baile licence, so you need to have very high standard sound proofing ,fire proofing,showers and changing rooms for acts,emergency exits ,have a certain minimum hieght,etc etc etc this costs alot and all has to be approved by the town hall and you can open to 5.30 with this licence. To my knowledge there are two or three brit/ irish bars with this permission.
The other side of the coin is basically the town hall turn a blind eye to lots of bars as long as the nieghbours dont complain thats why lots of bars can get away with it till midnight more or less.

Let any bar owner on this board who does not in some way bypass the laws , whether they be to do with entertainment, food, bingo or EMPLOYMENT, cast the first stone
Cant remember as much griping in busier years, only maybe from employees who seem to get a leaner deal every year.
Some seem to be using the current climate to their advantage, pleading poverty and cutting staff, hours and wages.And now you dont need 180 days to claim ayuda I predict a bigger queue in Tarragona begining of October, rather than the usual Nov. dole rush, thats if you managed to get a contract at all.
Come the revolution brothers, and of course sisters.

The last comment?! no really anything to do with my thread! I was asking for information on laws re Entertainment........

prospective Bar owner!!
The last comment?! no really anything to do with my thread! I was asking for information on laws re Entertainment........

My answer is 100% correct there is nothing to add.

S n S
Let any bar owner on this board who does not in some way bypass the laws , whether they be to do with entertainment, food, bingo or EMPLOYMENT, cast the first stone
Cant remember as much griping in busier years, only maybe from employees who seem to get a leaner deal every year.
Some seem to be using the current climate to their advantage, pleading poverty and cutting staff, hours and wages.And now you dont need 180 days to claim ayuda I predict a bigger queue in Tarragona begining of October, rather than the usual Nov. dole rush, thats if you managed to get a contract at all.
Come the revolution brothers, and of course sisters.
Most workers are not worthy of a contract more responsible staff are required in salou to many just dont make the grade,and no one is forced to work here with or without a contract its there choice,and a step up from the dole in the uk.

Agreed Tommy, but that emphasises my point.
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys

Can we stay focused on the question guys! and not go off chatting on about stuff that belongs in a bar and not on here! you can tell it's getting near the end of the season the moaners are back with nothing else to do!

I was thinking the same, probly best to delete and start again