Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trading conditions in Salou

I have been reading a number of websites covering Salou and have noticed a thread of concern coming from the business owners/managers. I recently spent 3 weeks in Salou and was surprised just how busy the streets and some of the bars were! But despite the number of tourists visiting Salou, many businesses are not attracting customers or are attracting customers who are not spending money like in previous years. It is obvious to me that the easy times in Salou have long since past and that business owners need to be much smarter about how they operate their businesses. It is no mistake that some businesses are attracting customers!!
It strikes me that many businesses are so busy trying to make a living that they "can not see the wood for the trees". It is a well know business fact that when business is hard, businesses need to work harder and smarter. Now from what I can see most businesses are working hard, so how about working smarter?
If you are interested in improving your business and creating bigger profits next season please view the website below. I would be very happy to contact you to discuss the website contents.

http://www.thelearningladder.co.uk/bizspain

Re: Trading conditions in Salou

Hello to Windsor Castle,I am a busy bar owner and even though business is quite good ,it is not as good as in previous years.Your comments about some bar owners is quite unfair.Everyone knows that because of the present recession,the dwindling value of the pound and the promise of a barbeque summer, British and Irish visitors to Salou has fallen this year.The simple fact is that there aren't enough tourists to go round and IMO this course won't make EVERY bar busy,however going on this course will line someone else's pocket.YET another KNOW IT ALL.

It is good to hear that you are having a profitable season and good luck for the following season. However, there are many businesses that are struggling in Salou and a fresh professional approach to running a small business will definitely benefit many of them.
I look forward to hearing from businesses with an open mind to change and who genuinely want to improve their business and profits!
Please mail me if I can help you or answer any queries.

windsor.castle
It is good to hear that you are having a profitable season and good luck for the following season. However, there are many businesses that are struggling in Salou and a fresh professional approach to running a small business will definitely benefit many of them.
I look forward to hearing from businesses with an open mind to change and who genuinely want to improve their business and profits!
Please mail me if I can help you or answer any queries.

It is OBVIOUS you don't have a clue!! Here, I'll make it simple for you

Salou has a cake delivered every year. Some years it is quite a large and rich cake, and there is usually ALMOST enough to go round everybody. Other years, such as this, the cake is so small, it is hardly enough to sustain ANYbody. Now, if you have some magic formula that will automatically maintain the size and quality of that cake, then explain your theory. Anything else will not help, believe me. Your condescending tone in addressing people who have many years experience here in Salou, seeming to imply they don't know a thing, will hardly fill a telephone box with interested Owners, let alone a Bar!
And then you have the temerity to CHARGE for your services?? The Internet has, unfortunately, opened the floodgates to soothsayers and 'experts' eager to share their 'experience'...for a FEE. You aren't as smart as you imagine yourself to be...and many here are a LOT smarter than you give THEM credit for.
Where is YOUR successful Bar/Restaurant business? Or is this your 'Business'?. Touting 'business' via internet websites? You aren't Lord Mandelson, by any chance, are you?

TRAINING CERTIFICATES?? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING???? They are easily downloaded from the Internet for FREE!!! And mean just about as much I've seen it all now Care to show us your qualifications?

Hago I really don't understand why you have taken such offence from my post?
I can quite easily justify my qualifications, my experience of running successful businesses and provide references to demonstrate the quality of my services; however I really don't want to have a shouting match on this forum.
Please send me your name and business address and when I next visit Salou I will arrange to visit you to discuss your queries?
My offer to other businesses still stands; my company and its training can make a huge difference to many of the small businesses in Salou.
Please contact me if you want to investigate the options?

Well said HAGO.How can Windsor Castle even begin to understand what is happening in Salou by being here 3weeks.Your kind ,work on theory and this is a million miles away from reality.If you are really concerned give your business seminars for free.By the way will you be declaring your earnings to the Catalan taxman or will your earnings be taxfree.I STRONGLY URGE Salou businesses NOT to sign up for this course because this guy is only looking after his own interests,that is filling his own pockets.PS will you be giving out an official receipt with your company NIF number so that your fee can be included in our business costs. Idon't think so.

Well said "Bar Owner" and "Hago!"...what right has anyone to suggest Salou businesses could be improved by a bit of training?

The cake will be delivered next year, maybe, and we can scoff as much as we can grab..those who are left.

I just hope some people are smart enough to at least think about this concept..whether you go with this course or do something on your own...don't just wait for the cake...go out and bake your own!

(I'm saying this because I believe in it!)

Read my lips. "You can make your own cake by doing what you are good at - well" Don't blame the market, the competition, God, for the hard times.

You are good at what you do - and that goes for everyone reading this. You just need to believe me that I Believe In You! I don't want you to be good...I want you to be GREAT, and you CAN be if you just slow down, stop worrying for a moment and listen.

What this man is offering is not a rip off so stop thinking about what he is going to make out of it. Start asking yourself if YOU might just be able to learn something from someone else. If the answer is NO, then fine, you're doing great. If the answer MIGHT be YES, the just read his messages and think about it. No need to slag him off!

Wrists out for slapping please.

Your affectionate ex-moderator. Madmax. Kisses.

Madmax
...snip.....Wrists out for slapping please.

Your affectionate ex-moderator. Madmax. Kisses.

Seriously,it sounds more like 'wallets out for mugging' to me..not that I have a business here, of course so I have nothing to fear
Madmax, I KNOW you mean well, and care deeply for Salou. But I personally draw the line at inviting shark-like creatures into our communal swimming pool, until it has been fully checked out as being what it is. Simples!!

Hago! You amaze me!! You don’t even have a business in Salou why do you have such strong views, or are you just one of those people who amuse themselves by causing mischief on chat rooms?!
Local Bar Owner I would be happy to meet up with you on my next visit to Salou and discuss the questions you have? Supply me you name and business address I will let you know when I will visit you. I will of course also like to discuss your motivation to slur the professionalism and legality of my company. Perhaps I could stand in your business and tell your potential customers that you are only in it to line your own pockets and that you should not be trusted!!!

Genuine reply to your ad.Genuine question.Company name,qualifications and Spanish NIF number for tax purposes.Oh and just out of interest,where are you planning to do the course

Genuine response from me:
Local Bar Owner as I said in earlier post give me your details and I will visit you when I am in Salou next. I will happily answer any questions then.

Why don't you send each other your emails and battle it out behind closed doors! Most people who might plan on a visit to Salou will probably come on here, take one look and leave the site thinking the worst of the place, and that won't help any of you!!

If your not interested in sorting it out by email then don't bother having a slanging match via the forum either.

Jim

I couldn't agree more Jim, thank you.

And with those replies it is no wonder Salou business is on its A**E.
I notice in another Salou forum that Reus airport had its best ever year...yep that means MORE tourists than any other season soooooooooooo where did they go????
Maybe to the establishments that actually take time to invest in themselves.

Windsor Castle
Hago! You amaze me!! You don’t even have a business in Salou why do you have such strong views, or are you just one of those people who amuse themselves by causing mischief on chat rooms?!
Local Bar Owner I would be happy to meet up with you on my next visit to Salou and discuss the questions you have? Supply me you name and business address I will let you know when I will visit you. I will of course also like to discuss your motivation to slur the professionalism and legality of my company. Perhaps I could stand in your business and tell your potential customers that you are only in it to line your own pockets and that you should not be trusted!!!

You know what, 'Windsor Castle'? I don't live in the UK either, but I can tell you here and now, I care about my Home Country, just as I care about my adopted Home town!!
Making mischief? Nice deflection. If making mischief is the same as challenging somebody who appears to be a charlatan, then yes..I am.
Which 'Get rich quick' book did you subscribe to?

Here's a challenge for you Sir.
Announce when and where you will be holding your seances...ooop....seminars...make it 'pay at the door'. Let's say 10 euros a head. 15 euros for a Couple for the first one. Then the ensuing seminars will be 25 euros a head.Paid nightly. let's see if you want to operate under the same guarantee as that which Business owners in Salou have to trade. None, other than your provable quality...or not. perhaps you could continue with the 'two for one' theme the whole 5 days.
You see? Your system is 'smart'. You get to take somebody's whole holiday money up front, and it matters not once you have been paid if your customer doesn't like your fayre...you have the money.
Now if you could guarantee THAT system to Salou Businessmen and women..you would have a winner. Just like yours is for YOU and YOU alone.

IMO,all businesses should be made to toe the line,limiting their activities to their licences.For example,no bingo to start with,entertainment only in venues which have forked out a fortune to put their house in order so as to comply with new laws,operating as a restaurant with only a bar licence and the outlawing of props who pester people to death.Also Happy Hours should be banned and minimum price guides should be established to avoid price wars where the only winner is the consumer.If the laws are respected we might get somewhere.

LOCAL BAR OWNER
IMO,all businesses should be made to toe the line,limiting their activities to their licences.For example,no bingo to start with,entertainment only in venues which have forked out a fortune to put their house in order so as to comply with new laws,operating as a restaurant with only a bar licence and the outlawing of props who pester people to death.Also Happy Hours should be banned and minimum price guides should be established to avoid price wars where the only winner is the consumer.If the laws are respected we might get somewhere.

Thank you Tommy.

Hago! At the end of the day, if no one is interested in what Windsor Castle is offering then he will not get any business, if people are interested he will. Much the same as the businesses of Salou.

And much the same as the businesses in Salou, nobody is holding a gun to your head and saying you've got to do it! If others choose to, that is their choice. I really fail to see why you are so irate about it.

If you and others are not interested then so be it. Thats what makes businesses either survive or fail.

Any chance a line can be drawn under this 'going nowhere' thread????