Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buses to Salou

Can anyone tell me about how much a bus will cost from Barcelona Airport to Salou?
Thanks

Re: Buses to Salou

By Barcelona Airport do you mean El Prat actually in Barcelona? Sometimes Girona and Reus get called 'Barcelona Airports' even though they are 200/100km away.
If you are flying into El Prat then you have to go into the centre of Barcelona and out again to get a bus to Salou. Due to the increased usage of Reus Airport there are no direct services unless you blag a lift from a tour operator like Thomas Cook

There is a bus from Barcelona airport to Salou which I think is run by Plana. They have a website you can check for timetables. Last time I used the service it was 16 euros. Takes about 2 hours plus as it is not direct. Hope this helps.

try this, sorry for the long link

http://www.itenewebs.com/autocaresplana/Documento.asp?w=1&idc=1903&tipo=HORARIOS

This schedule is for May to October. Marty indicated he was coming in April.... so no bus

he must have indicated that in another post then, April timetable (for this year)
http://www.itenewebs.com/autocaresplana/Documento.asp?w=1&idc=1904&tipo=HORARIOS

I've decided to travel on the coach with Siesta and stay at Sanguli, it's a lot cheaper than flying and then having to book a transfer from barcelona.
Cheers

I've always wanted to try that, down through 'green' Spain to the costas, they only do a couple of runs from Scotland though.

We did the coach in 2001 and really enjoyed it.

I looked at the coach some time ago and was put off by the price. Just looked it up again. From the Midlands to Salou and return costs £170 or £100 for a single!!!! It also takes 30 hours each way which effectively reduces your holiday by nearly 3 days.
I have travelled to Salou by car/van many times and at times the scenery is spectacular particulary Southern France and when you get into Spain but there are hours of boredom in France North of Lyon. Flights preferable for me.... much cheaper and quicker by a long stretch

How does it reduce you holiday? you still have the same number of nights in resort as you normally would if you fly but it's an extra 3 days on the holiday.

not all coaches go through France tho, some take the crossing to Bilbao and down through Spain.

OK... point taken but I would suggest that 3 days on a coach would not be many peoples idea of a holiday .... the first few hours maybe but after 10 hours or so the last 20 hours will be a drag especially if I have paid £85 to £100 for the journey. Certainly would be for me
I cannot find any direct routes to Salou via Bilbao. I think you would have to get to Portsmouth via coach then get the ferry and then get another coach to Tarragona/Salou. The Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry alone is £115 one way for a foot passenger.

I agree it's not everyones cup of tea, to be fair i'm only doing it because i've done it before and in April it's a lot cheaper than flying to Barca and then paying for a transfer.

Why don't you fly into Reus then?
Only 8km from Salou and plenty of UK airports flying to Reus with Ryanair.

Yes but not in April i've looked, unless i've missed something they don't start till May. I've tried Easyjet,jet2.com and Ryanair.

Just checked again the only airport i can fly to Salou from in April is Glasgow and that's a 3 hour journey for us so i think i'll stick with the coach.