Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ryanair drop salou

from 24 october at least 4 airports will stop flying to salou for the winter.ryanair in there wisdom have decided to transfer 29 planes to to service the canary islands because they are getting 100% tax free airport charges.typical ryanair drop loyal passengers who regularly use reuse airport of peak,i have been traveling to salou sep,oct, nov, jan, feb,but it looks like september will be my last time i hope the businesses that stay open of peak will not suffer to much

Re: ryanair drop salou

airports that have dropped salou.east midlands,liverpool,prestwick,luton,bournemouth

is this true ???? i have read it no were only on this page??

Thanks for the update, I took a chance and booked outward flights from Liverpool to Salou on the 22nd Oct as I got a great deal and we only paid £10 each. Then after a few months of waiting for the return flights to come out in the last week in Oct , decided to book return flights with Monarch from Barcelona, its a bit of a pain going back on the train to the airport but we did it about 5 years ago and it wasnt too bad. Im glad I made the decision now

ryanair never do prestwick in the winter months anyway,,well they haven´t done for the past few years anyway

Silly question but,what is Reus aiport going to do in winter without Ryanair,shut down? They have no one else unless they are flying to other countries or internal flights in Spain.Cant see many flights being filled with those though. Bet the airport is a bit concerned!

IOL NEWS HEADLINES

Irish | World | Business | Weather | On this day | Week in ViewMore HeadlinesBusiness HeadlinesRyanair opens 39 new winter routes
29/07/2009 - 09:15:20

Budget airline Ryanair announced today it is starting 39 new routes this winter to and from the Canary Islands to take advantage of Spanish tax concessions.

The no-frills Irish carrier blamed high taxes for its decision last week to cut its Stansted flights by 30% this winter.

Ryanair has also made cuts to its Dublin services, blaming “suicidal tourist taxes”.

The airline said today that its Canary Islands expansion would bring in two million new passengers and create 2,000 new jobs.

To start in October, the new services include flights to Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife from Birmingham, Bournemouth and Bristol airports.

Other new services include Gran Canaria and Lanzarote flights from Luton, Liverpool, East Midlands and Prestwick airports.

Spain is offering a 100% discount on airport charges this winter, but Ryanair said the continuation of the new routes .could this be the reason for cutting salou

katie this is where i read it from, and also try to book a flight from the above airports after the 24 of October there is none. i always go to salou from liverpool of peak ,when i was looking for flights there were none.

Are there any other airlines that fly to Reus from Manchester or Liverpool during the Winter?

Hi Maz,
No there are no other airlines that offer the service.
Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim. It's just our luck. The year we decide to try and get to Salou for a short break in Winter to visit friends they stop the flights.

M6 down to Birmingham Airport is your answer. Parking only £4 a day.
It was years before a Midlands Airport had a scheduled service to Reus. Other than flying into Barcelona (a gamble cuz the plane times were so unreliable) up and down the M1 to Luton was the only option but it was worth it

Oh well thats good and bad news for all the winter ciggy runners who fill the planes you will have to sit longer on the plane to the canarys but once there its sunshine and cheaper fags.

True Tommy,

But you are only allowed to bring 200 fags back. Of course most of us bring a few more than that and try and fail not to look guilty when walking past customs. (Although I feel guilty even when I haven't done anything wrong!)

The AV Kid
M6 down to Birmingham Airport is your answer. Parking only £4 a day.
It was years before a Midlands Airport had a scheduled service to Reus. Other than flying into Barcelona (a gamble cuz the plane times were so unreliable) up and down the M1 to Luton was the only option but it was worth it

Birmingham stops mid nov!!

Not on my computer is doesn't.... flights all the way to 22nd December, then starts again on 29th Dec until end of March 2010.
They only stop then waiting for new schedule times from BHX/Ryanair.... so my is now again!

maz easyjet do liverpool to barcelona if that is any use to you

Artic - thanks, will check out their website.

MONACH DO MANCHESTER TO BARCELONA NOT BAD PRICES

sadly the bhx / reu route from ryanair has also been cancelled.... and the stn / reu route has been severely cut back to i think 3 flying days a week.

We have decided to go via gerona for xmas and have actually reduced the cost by 50% on the original flights....i know its a long trek to/from gerona, but worth it if you are on a budget.....

You could always go from Bristol if you are near enough.
Flights throughout the year to reus.

leeds to barca with jet 2 and they have a beter weight allowance for cases there is a bus outside barca airport to salou direct so