Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just got back

We have just got back after spending a week in the san diego worst hotel we have stayed in in salou and we have stayed in a lot. Is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of british people in salou this year?

Re: Just got back

I noticed a lack of Brits when I was there this year as well, got to be honest and say that I thought the atmosphere was much nicer as a result! I know we are not all badly behaved but a fair few of us are.

As for the San Diego, my advice is not to bother with any of the 'Best Hotels' chain, there are other hotels that are so much better (although I did stay at the Best Da Vinci last year and I think that must be the best of the bunch as I was quite impressed).

Hope your experience hasn't put you off going back to Salou.

I also think there are fewer Brits. This does not surprise me as they were :-

a) Told by the Met office that we were going to have a UK BBQ Summer
b) Told by their bank manager to tighten their belts.

I also think that a large amount of tourists are under the false impression that holidaying at home is cheaper

The Spanish have also stayed at home and gone local hitting Salou/Cambrils in hoards. Not a problem at all from my prespective but not good for British bars/clubs/etc.

i have tried to get a late deal for next week but mr ryanair has hiked his prices up so much eg; for 2 adult and 1 child airfare alone would be 900 pounds is he having a laugh, looks like we will be staying in the uk this year along with a lot of other brits.

Keith... give First Choice a go.

http://flights.firstchoice.co.uk/firstchoice/en-GB/booking/standardsearch?OneWayRoundTrip=RoundTrip

They fly into Reus and if anything their prices go down the closer to you get to flying

God lord, where are you flying from? We've booked from east midlands first week in September and its cost us £110 for 2 adults, child, infant and 2 suitcases...

you will very rarely get a last minute deal on a ryan air flight, as the assumption is that if you leave it until the last minute you have to go, hence the higher price

Strange as it sounds flying in early September as opposed to within the next week is an ocean of difference in Ryanair's eyes irrelevant of which airport you fly from.
EM to Reus on Monday 24th returning on 31st August with one checked in bag is nearly £284 per person. The same flights just one week later are less than £100

i was trying to fly from liverpool but mr o'leary who owns ryanair must have twigged that people will need to fly home on a bank holiday weekend and he has hiked the price up to 500 pounds from reus to liverpool on that weekend plus baggage charges and booking fees and they call themselves a low cost airline
thanks for the info av kid but i think i will be out of luck this season, i think we will save our money and go twice next year

More than just O'Leary... more like an army of Ryanair tappers.
I was waiting with baited breath at 12 noon when the UEFA draw happened the other week. We drew Rapid Vienna... by the time I had looked up the airport (Bratislava) & got onto Ryanair website the price was nearly £200. They must also be waiting as every UK side is drawn out of the hat... not moaning, just p***** off I am not as quick as I used to be

Just read in the newspaper:
A Irish family flew back from a holiday in Salou to Dublin. The 9 year old daughter left her purse on the plain. They asked Ryanair to see if they could find it. It was found, and Ryanair CHARGED THE 9 YEAR OLD TEN EUROS FOR THE "SERVICE"
They even have to steal for kids to make a profit!!!

Read the article properly.It wasn't Ryanair but a lost property company they employ. The charge inclues posting the purse to her/

We have been going to salou for years and will do for years to come i hope.