Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hotel calypso

Hi all, after the excellent help i had in 2007 when i booked a holiday to salou, we stayed at the golden avenida suites, i am back asking for more of that great help, i am looking at booking a holiday to salou for early september 2010 and have found the hotel calypso to be really cheap (just £876 half board for family of 4 for 2 weeks) but i would like some opinions on this hotel please. As i stated i used this site when i was looking at the golden avenida suites and the help i recieved was great and i decided to book there and it was a wonderful hotel so any help on hotel calypso would be great, thanks all

Re: Hotel calypso

Hi ryan
we have stayed there a couple of years ago and found it very good if you are there half board food is ok and have themed nights. plenty for the kids to do and you are not too far away from portaventura .it is also very clean bedding and towels changed regularly hope you enjoy your holiday .

Have also found the hotel very good.
One word of warning... the main block above reception is good but it also has a seperate block somtimes called the 'Thomson' block. This tends to be noisy.
So if you book ask for the main block above reception, 4th or 5th floor facing the pool

Hiya :)
i go with my family every year to the calypso have been about 5 or 6 times now.
The staff are very friendly and the food has also allways been nice when we have been there. If you do book for the calypso ask to be put in the main building and perhaps over looking the pool. This building looks cleaner and less noisy.
There is lots for children to do and games adults can take part in during the day to. The shows are also very good usualy, esp if its the first time you have seen them. The hotel is close enough to everywhere yet not situated somewhere that it gets all the noise!
We went to the golden port 4* this year due to prices being better :S however we will be returning back to the calypso next summer aswell as this october!

hope this is of some help to you.. :)

me and my girlfriend off to salou on the 23rd of this month staying at the hotel calypso watched some videos on yotube hotel looks nice and entertainment looks great, looking forward to getting away !