Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When Cheap Car Hire Becomes Expensive!

Type "review car hire scratch year eg 2008" and you will see endless complaints of people who say Car hire firms were just looking for more cash. Be careful this is on the increase... I took this older review from another site..

I hired a car from WC - Salou, When I collected the car there was quite bad damage to the front wing which was pointed out to me and marked on the contract. When I returned the car they seemed quick to point out a stone chip in the windscreen which was not coved by the insurance and was almost impossible to see from inside the car as it was behind the mirror. The fact that the windscreen was not covered by insurance was not pointed out at the time of hire and cost me another €200. I think I was ripped off but cannot prove it. I just wonder how many other tourist are conned by this scam. Beware hire a car from a major company.

Major Company ??? This happened to me not so long back with Budget at Stansted.

Maybe you could take high def pictures of the car but how would you prove when you took them.

Cheap Car Hire is like playing with fire.

Re: When Cheap Car Hire Becomes Expensive!

I always use Goldcar (www.goldcar.es). There is no excess on the insurance and you can pay a little extra to extend this to the wheels and windscreen. I put them to the test last year when somebody scraped all down one side of the car. They did not charge me for the damage. They are also the lowest price car hire firm I have ever found in Spain.