Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just got back

As the title says, just got back from our 2 weeks in Salou and as ever it was fantastic!!

Firstly, I'd just like to say we were slightly confused about people saying how expensive it has become - we've been going to Salou every year for about 6 years now and to be honest we didn't really think anything was more expensive than say last year - alright cigarettes have gone up but lets be honest they are still half the price they are in the UK so I don't think that's a reasonable complaint as its only by a few cents anyway everything else seems to be around about the same price - we even spend alot less than we usually do and brought back a couple of hundred euro!

Secondly, after all this time we finally managed to pay a visit to the Connest and met Santy and Carmen - what a lovely couple they were so friendly and really really helpful, we had a meal there and my husband said the steak was easily one of the best he had tasted (I wouldn't know myself as I let him have the last one - wouldn't have heard the end of it if I hadn't )

We also went to see Cassie doing her Hannah Montana show at Charlie Chaplins and our 8 year old absolutely loved it - she was singing along with all the songs and had a great time!!!

We stayed at the Calypso again and to be honest I'm afraid the hotel would appear to be on some sort of cost cutting exercise - the food this year was pretty poor in comparison to previous years, now I understand that everyone is being hit by the legendary credit crunch but I really think that they should think twice before trying to save money via the food - alot of people will be put off from going again by the quality of offer this year so it's false economy anyway as they're losing out on potential repeat visitors, but all in all its still a good hotel so we'll be going back!!

I was also really really surprised at how quiet the whole place was, we were over at the end of August last year and all the bars seemed to be alot busier then, the hotel was also alot quieter than I expected especially since it was during the school holidays!

Anyway all in all we had a brilliant time and we won't hesitate to recommend Salou and the Calypso to everyone and we'll be back soon