Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Abductions???

I have heard a rumour that there have been a number of attempted child abductions in Salou over the past few weeks. Can anyone shed any light on this please??? Obviously it is causing me concern as we come over in 2 wks

Re: Abductions???

Where did you hear this from? I too an due to be over in Salou in 2 weeks time too so this is a concern.

Probably the English Tourist Board!
Don't worry,there are very few recorded problems compared to the UK but look after your kiddies at all times like any responsible parents!

Heard it from a friend who is leaving for Salou in the morning. However I have just done a full search on all news sites and cant find a thing. There is one post from last summer on trip advisor that mentions hearing of one attempted abduction. However they really hated Salou and it was just a very negative review anyway.I would be more worried about the sharks roaming the coast around Salou!
My friend has promised to let me know what things are like when she gets back in a weeks time. If I hear anything else I will post it

we were there for two weeks ,came back last friday, and heard nothing whatsoever about that sort of thing going on.
we would surely have heard something if it was happeneing.

sensibly as suggested just don't let your kids out of your sight,nothing can go wrong, simples.

surely some one local or the moderators, can shed some light on this rumour, as things like this can give the wrong impression of salou.as a lot of families with children visit salou thay want to feel safe

Perhaps....there should be a 'MR.' in front of his 'name' y'know..Mr.Bean...What a load of drivel. Anybody been reading 'Hello' or something? Why bother posting such rubbish on a Forum, when there is a whole WORLD of information out there on the internet to find an answer? There are too many people who are too lazy to find out answers to their idiotic questions for themselves And then, guess what?
Rumours start to develop into 'reality' at the hands (or tongues) of people with nothing better to do, and the only people to suffer in the end are the innocent.
99.9% of the time children go missing, or are abducted , is as a result of irresponsibility of those who should know better. It doesn't seem to happen very much, if at all, in Salou. This isn't Praia La Luz.

Thank you peeps. I was surprised to see this thread as i felt Salou was actually very safe when i went in 2007, even at night time.

Its like any place in the world be sensible.......

Hago - How dare you slate me like that! Maybe you protest too much!

Actually I painstakingly searched the net and found little info on it so I thought it was sensible to ask people "in the know". Obviously I was wrong!

I thought a forum was there to answer any queries however menial or difficult they may be.

I would bet my life that you do not have small children, or that you are just a heartless idiot

Ninabean,
Again one is amazed,
You have abducted , placed explosives to conversations, insulted Blackpool visitors, ridiculed the guests that have been upgraded to P.A. I hope you manage to haul yourself out your misery long enough to enjoy your holiday

You are quite right, but I am now prepared to face what Salou has to throw at us. And believe it or not I am excited at the prospect!!!

I like to know everything about the places I stay at. The good, the bad and the ugly. Salou cannot be perfect, nowhere is, but all the feedback from this forum has actually dispelled any negative thoughts I had.

However it seems sadly that I wont be welcomed into the resort with open arms. I apologise if my questioning and honesty has caused offence, but I would still like to provide feedback on my return. Which I might add, am sure will be positive, despite your reservations!

bean
Hago - How dare you slate me like that! Maybe you protest too much!

Actually I painstakingly searched the net and found little info on it so I thought it was sensible to ask people "in the know". Obviously I was wrong!

I thought a forum was there to answer any queries however menial or difficult they may be.

I would bet my life that you do not have small children, or that you are just a heartless idiot

I might not have small children any more, bean, but I certainly HAVE had them. And your thread was slanted in such a preposterous manner as to actually seem to imply that they were in fact, a lot MORE than rumours. And you said 'ABDUCTIONS???? In the title of your thread.. PLURAL. Do you by any chance write for Sky News, or have we all picked up their dreadful habit of over-reporting, and over-stating?.
Well, I will tell you how I dare to 'slate' you like that: because you dared to imply that Salou has been suffering a spate of 'Madeleine' type attempted abductions!
Now, had you worded it a little more openly, for example: ' I shall be coming with some small children to Salou soon, and am wondering if there have been any untoward events regarding security of children and families on holiday?', I would have been happy to say 'No, not as far as I, or the Local Press are concerned. You will be perfectly safe, as long as you behave in a responsible way in looking after your children'. See? No 'rumours', no 'hearsay', no 'Sky News' hype, and no harm done. Your way of saying it implied that Salou was in the middle of a spate of 'abduction of children' events. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Salou is family friendly, and the people who live and work here are keen to welcome people coming here on holiday with open arms, and an open heart.
And I too would like to welcome you to our little Spanish town, and wish you a safe, enjoyable and rewarding stay here. Sincerely. Just that, in future, please be a little more circumspect in how you post about MY Town
Have lots of fun, and be careful!!

hago, i agree with you, the original post was worded totally incorrectly, i have been to salou many times now with my wife and daughter who is now six years old, our first trip was about six weeks after maddy dissappeared and this did make everyone nervous about the possibility that it could happen again somewhere( god forbid).
my wife and i found that the spanish people like ourselves in the uk were in a state of shock over the incident, we found not only the salou people but spanish people in general to be very friendly and family orientated but because of the timing of our first trip everyone including ourselves must have been taking extra care with their children.
i suggest that no matter where you are in the world NEVER let young children out of sight while in a foreign country to prevent this sort of thing happening again.
As hago has said please think about your posts before hand and this would stop a lot of online bickering, i have found in my three years visiting this site that there are too many posts going on where people take offence because others do not think.
This website is a godsend for those who need advice and information, please do not abuse it

I am fairly new to the forum and feel compelled to write in defence of Bean.

I think that although the original post was thoughtprovoking, Bean backed it up with a second, more reassuring post. This seems to have been ignored and Bean has been bullied into submission.

This is concerning as I have young children and was interested to read the replies. All they have done is put me off posting questions in future.

THERE ARE PERVERTS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD BUT FORTUNATELY THERE APPEAR TO BE FEWER IN THIS AREA(DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF SPAIN)JUDGING DY THE LACK OF REPORTS IN THE LOCAL PAPERS! IN MY TIME HERE,I DON'T RECALL ONE INCIDENT OF AN ABDUCTION!THE SPANISH PEOPLE ARE SO FAMILY ORIENTATED,IT'S NOT TRUE AND THEY WILL PROTECT THEIR CHILDREN. IN SAYING THAT,THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A FIRST TIME! SO,PARENTS OF RESIDENTS AND VISITORS,DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF YOUR SIGHT FOR ONE SECOND,TRUST NO ONE.GOLDEN RULE.END OF!!!!!

I also write in defence of Bean @ Sausage , They are so tastless can somebody get the Ketchup NOW with salt and pepper. (2 can play u's game)