Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
salou in october

Hey!x.

Has anyone been to salou in october that could let me know what its like at that time of year?
I have been goin every summer for the last 5 or 6 years. Normally stay at the calypso however this year stayed at the golden port...

If it is still decent at that time of year with some places still open, thinking about trying to get a cheap week over about the 10th.

any info would be good.x

Re: salou in october

i was in salou last year ( last week in oct)i do not want to put you off but the weather was c--p, raining on and off for 7 days, it was cold and windy just like uk, we came home on the saturday 1st november and 2 days later salou had a tornado, this weather may have been rare in salou but we got soaked through everywhere we went, we had to buy umberellas
we vowed not to go that late in the season again.
most of the shops had closed for the winter only a few open, port aventura was open but the day we came back home they closed during the week and only opened on weekends both waterparks were closed

Well that just proves how 'funny' October can be. I was in Salou last year - 17th to 21st October. The weather was nice around 75c most days with just one cloudy day.

Most places open if a little quiet. See how one week can make such a big difference.

Crystal ball required!

so guessing it just depends!
were there many pubs/clubs open?...
spent most of the nyts at chaplins this summer..x

hi stephy i go to salou september october and november,it is quiet,there are a few bars open but not many shops or places to eat open,i stay in the sol costa durada which is a very good half board hotel and good value for money,as for the weather in my 3 trips it was excellent,but the best thing about going off peak it is so cheap it cost more to get a taxi from the airport than the flight over i have not long come back but cannot wait for september hope this helps

Most of the pubs and clubs will be open. October ends on a Saturday this year so I am taking an educated guess that most places will stay open until the end of October, doing deals in the last week and having an end of season party/fire sale on Friday 30th or Saturday 31st

I went to Salou in 2007 for last week of September and 1st week of October and it was lovely. I think there was only 1 maybe 2 days where it was too cold for the beach but the rest it was warm enough to go in the sea and swimming pool and some days were very hot.

Also no queues at Port Ventura or anywhere and we found everywhere still open then so highly recommend going the 1st week of October.

Thanx :)
might have a look and see what deals are going on for salou.
Dont think i get off college til the 9th of october but hope things are still open for gettin over x

Hi Im going to Salou on the 21st Oct for a week, I didnt got last year and heard the weather was terrible, but for the previous 2 years we have been for the last week in Oct and the weather was fab, in the 70's we even went into the sea it was that warm. I suppose its just luck Im hoping it will be good again this year. Id say about half of the pubs/shops and club were open when we were there. I did notice that the shops shut earlier than what they do in the summer months though. We have booked the Villamarina Hotel this time as Ive heard the entertainment is good with a full programme of activity till the end of Oct .....Have a good hols

my family and i were there last year in october,the weather was half and half,some days it rained and some days we got to lay round the pool sunbathing,its obviously not going to be as amazing weather wise as say july or august,but it was a hell of a lot better than we would have got in england,and we had a fab time,we are returning this year on the 17th october for ten days.
there thats my little babble lol

Thanks everyone

Salou will be ok in october as due to special offers and the fact that uk has had such a wet depressing summer people want to get away. Weather is not guaranteed but generally its quite good .