Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello Salou

Hello all, came to Salou for the first time last year after going to Estartit for 10yrs and we absolutely loved it. We are coming back again on 6th sept and cant wait!! Desperate to pack my bags already. I just wish i could find the courage to fly as i drag my whole family on a coach every year to get to our destination! Never mind as it's worth the 36hr journey. We are staying at Sanguli holiday park again as we were so impressed with it last year. The place is absolutely immaculate and our accomodation is top class too!! We have bought another 14day pass for port aventura again as it is really worth the money and as we dont really do pubs it gives the family something to do at night time. We would like to go to Barcelon again and were wondering if we should go it alone on the train? Is it quite straightforward to get there? We done the whole tour thing when we travelled from Estartit but would like to do it ourselves this time. Great site btw and it is packed with useful information!!
See you soon Salou xxx

Re: hello Salou

dependant on the age of your kids, do the downhill mountain biking, its 24 miles downhill from 4500 ft up in the mountains, 9 in the morning then lunch, then 15 in the afternoon. you will see a part of spain that you did not know existed.
there is a website, www.downhillmountainbiking.com

Why not take the train to Barcelona and book an overnight stay in one of the small hostals off the Ramblas. They are excellent value for money and I'm sure it would work out cheaper then a coach trip. You would get 2 days and one night in Barcelona.
Good luck and "AWRABEST"

salou to barcelona is only about 12 euro return and if you are confident enough it is a piece of cake.the train station is only a ten min walk from sanglui but remember to not miss the last train back about 9.00pm or else you are stuck there.if you visit salou train station they will give you a timetable. i have four children aged 5-15 and this is how we have done it on several occasions, beware the city can feel very much warmer than the beach and can be very busy at this time.