Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the harp bar and restaurant

Just back Amador and Pedra. Andrew hands out card which gives 10% off your food bill, made all the family welcome.. good food and happy hour from 10pm to 11.30pm to stop the second drink going warm they give you one and when that is finished, the other is brought to you.collins family

Re: the harp bar and restaurant

OBVIOUS FREE ADVERTISING ALERT!!

Can you check IP addresses?, bet its spanish.

Was in the Harp the other day and its a nice little restaurant but was really disappointed to find that there was no-one Irish in there behind the bar.There are IMO too many Irish and Scottish bars owned by other nationalities especially in Barcelona which are nothing more than a rip off.Went into my Spanish local in C.Barcelona and was gutted to find that its now owned by Chinese.These people don´t understand its the banter and the craic that makes a business work NOT props,discount cards and 10 till 11.30 happy hour.

They may have Irish grandparents though, if thats good enough to qualify you to play football for Ireland, surely its good enough to work in an Irish themed pub/restaurant?

True, but what do you reckon the odds are?Try Guinness Tavern,Christies and Murphy.s.These are REAL Irish bars owned by the same family from Ireland.This is NOT blatant self advertising just praise for a hardworking family and a job really well done.All the best to Benny,Chris and Rachel.

Are you Joking....Being Irish does not mean you have a God given ability to run a bar....Some of the worst run pubs in Salou are irish run...High prices and service that is average at best! More power to the lads in the Harp , if the food and beer are good and fairly priced and the service is good what more do you want....Its happy customers that add to the atmosphere not some sour faced young lad behind the bar with a poor attitude and a dublin accent.

Are YOU having a laugh Danny C.The Harp is actually expensive IMO and as for the aforementioned authentic Irish establishments I stand my ground and give them 100% for exellence.Can you honestly say that 2Euro 60 a pint of local lager is good value for money.

what is the cost of local larger in the irish bars,i know 5 years ago we paid 4euro for a bottle of bud in danny boys.the second bottle cost 5euro.am sorry but the irish bars have ripped people off in the past.i am irish and have gone to murphys,danny boys christies,oconners and all the rest of them and they are dearer then the scottish bars.i enjoy the music and craic but have learned to shop around for value for money

O'Connor's,does that belong to big Martin from Tipperary who used to have Shennanegins Iwonder. Jeeze that was some place.Martin was a real character and the place used to be absolutely bouncing until 4 in the morning.

was in o conners in may it was busy but expensive for drinks, jimmys double scotch,shamrock and connect inn were cheaper.do you irish know the price of a pint of local beer in irish bars

I have heard the locals refer to Danny Boy's as the beehive.

Can't think why?

is that because you get stung

Gave Hole in the Wall a try the same night as I was in the Harp and I was really surprised.First of all it was really busy and no small wonder because the prices are great starting with their lager at 1.50 a pint all day.

To Local,who did a runner from where...

Think it was meant to be on the Bob Marley thread ,

I think it was Martin they were talking about as he no longer in town.

I thought that he was back in town because O'Conners has opened where Idols used to be.Does this pub belong to Martin.

Naw O'Connors is owned by that famous scottish rangers supporter John Nicol

Long live freedom of ownership

Never,well bless his cotton socks,probably Armani,good on him.

Have heard that the Harp are offering cheap trips to Cambrils,Reus and Tarragona.Can locals apply for this deal or is it just a windup.

Plana and Renfe have been doing them for years

Can you fill me in,The Harp gives you a ticket but it isn't the same as the brochure.Gracias

To ¨fill you in¨as you put it, Plana is the local bus company, and Renfe the train company, they will get you to all the destinations you mentioned at a fraction of the price that any bar, rep, or other can.
And you¨ll be free to explore those places at your leisure, with hardly a fake footy top shop, or non Irish, Irish themed bar in sight.
Public transport....its the future tha knows.

they could be offering the "Pal" blanket tours.So yes there cheap infact they cost nothing

What is the PAL BLANKET TOUR please.

What is the PAL BLANKET TOUR please

Is it anything to do with kebabs?

Apparently the prop is telling everyone that they have a share in a travel agents.So are The Harp and the PAL Kebab shop group connected because The Harp is offering free trips to surrounding areas ,The Pal Blanket tour

god I'd love a Kebab!!!!

Seeing as we are mentioning pal kebabs, and the originalish theme of this thread was about the amount of non Irish staffed Irish themed bars,how many of Salou¨s kebab joints are staffed by Turks?
As a foot note, if the Harp and PAL kebabs have merged and ever decided to open an irish themed kebab shop they could call it DONER BOYS or even ST.PATS PITTAS
You heard it here first.

Been to Dublin lately? Not many Irish there either!

BJK

hb fash loves black pudding. bjk we miss you

Martin the millionere joke ran away coward owing loads of cash , plastic gangster,funny what a joke .

Martin had his faults and a BIG mouth but when a friend needed a favour he was hands on.True that he did many things that he shouldn't have but who in Salou can stand up and say this year,YES I paid all my bills and YES I paid all my rent and YES I paid my tax etc.etc.Lets just let sleeping dogs lie,shall we

no body has mentioned the shamrock owned by the very famous irish man George O' Carravanos

Hi Ash, are you the same guy who owned the Harp when it was under a different name[:-?Am going back about 4 years approximately.

no he did a runner, not to be seen or heard of

thank you irish local for your nice comments, pop in the guinness tavern for a drink and il promise i wont sting ya ....slainte ( thats cheers in irish for all you fake paddys)

It could be questioned as to even an Irish Bar owned by Irish is Irish, lol if you know what I mean,

No self respecting Irish pub would serve you an Irish Coffee and have the nerve to use that foamy canned cream instead of real cream as happened in the tavern.

know collins family personaly, no hoaks.and the harp is **** good.try it, you'll see. betty

meant very good:)

And hoax as well I presume.

viva the harp and amador & petra ...ok . betty too..!!

Let me put this thread to bed. Yes everybody has the right to open an irish bar but the truth is there are only three insalou ,1.the guiness tavern owned and managed by the lovelty gentlemen christy mcgrath your winter waiter fri and sat and his lovely english wife raquel cork trained fresh home cooking,2.christy mcgraths live music pub next to chaplins which was the undisputed bar of the summer with there brilliant live three piece band, and for sport get to murphys christs brother benny will look after you with all sorts enjoy your selves bhoys.