Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a visit to Tarragonna

Just back from Salou last week ,our third time this year, and had a few coudy days .We had done the Barcelona day trip,Port Adventura,Aquopolis ect. and were looking for a day filler so we decide to try Tarragona as it is only fifteen mins away on the bus and train.This turned out to be a revelation, there was so much to see if you like a bit of history ,lots of photo oppertunities and also a large market that ran the length of the Rambla Nova (selected days).The area around the Cathederal was fascinating and was largely pedestrianised so the kids got off the lead a little.There where loads of shops in and around the old town and a huge new three storey shopping centre right next to the bus terminus.I would really recommend this if you are looking to go somewhere quite close to spend a day that is a little less touristy(don,t know if this is spelt right)and close to Salou.Maybe more for the adults,shoppers and sightseers than families but worth looking in to. Just a wee suggestion.

Re: a visit to Tarragonna

We went last year

as you say some good photos to be got and just nice to stroll down the rambla

very enjoyable

Centre of Reus also rarely spoken about but worth a visit

went there for a few hours this year,and was surprised by the size of the place, to be honest i thought it was just a small town with a load of ruins as that was the impression i got from the brochures. it was a pleasant surprise i have to say.

just one thing on a certain stall on the market, but we realise that the people there have a different attitude to animals than we do here in britain.

suffice to say the RSPCA would have had a field day.

stunning views though from the balcony at the top of the ramblas.

i do know where you are coming from on the animal stall, but i saw the same on the ramblas only fourfold and that is hailed as a tourist "must see" .Obviously this type of thing is not as offensive to the locals as it is to us but no doubt there are things about us that the spanish would find unacceptable it is just a case of when in rome....