Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mastercard

Hello

We are just sorting out what are the best options for spending money whilst in Salou.

We will be eating out ever evening and lunch and will need cash for souvenirs etc...

We have already brought port ventura tickets.

So do most the restaurants, pubs etc on this site take Mastercard as we are planning to get a pre pay card to load the euros onto so it a bit safer than carrying wads of cash!

Cheers

Re: Mastercard

hi again i am not long back from salou,i took a preloaded co-op cash card i found i very good,you can withdraw up to 500 euros a day its free to get and you are insured in case of loss or theft, and as you say it you don't have to carry round lots of cash,only one draw back you cannot use it like a credit card have a great time

Cheers Billy will have a look at the one

we would take 2 or 3 cards with money on them all just incase we lose any we take 1 each and leave the 3rd in the safe that way we are coverd no matter what happens

As a general rule of thumb...

1). A dedicated restaurant will usually take Mastercard.
2). A big pub with a large food menu like the Rio, Danny Boys, Guinness Tavern, Fox etc will also take the card.
3). A pub which sells beer and has only a snack/small menu will probably not take credit cards.

A bit like back home really. So card usually OK but a bit of cash also required